TravelTalkOnline

March Visit To SMMC - Update

Posted By: Whale Tail

March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/27/2024 10:48 PM

I did not anticipate a visit to the emergency department on our March visit, but it happened out of the blue. Diagnosis was a stomach virus which was completely gone within a week and the vacation continued. I submitted my claim to our travel insurance provider when we returned to Canada, the total claim was for $2949.74 CAD. I received an email today advising me that they covered everything down to the penny. Didn't expect to need to use Travel Insurance but I'm sure glad I had it.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/27/2024 11:36 PM

Very good to hear and a good deal. The friend in my group thinks her insurance is going to cover her situation as well.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/28/2024 12:40 AM

Our insurance coverd my St Maarten ER visit in full too.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/28/2024 01:20 AM

Glad to hear the travel insurance paid off. We always book it now.

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/28/2024 01:58 AM

Did you check into reimbursement from your health care insurance to see it was covered?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/28/2024 02:09 AM

Very good for you good Folks .
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/28/2024 02:36 AM

Scubaman - At the time, all I wanted was for ER to help me or the first flight home. The travel insurance coverage was not on my mind. While we were in ER, my wife called the insurance provider to advise them of the situation, and they provided a claim number. Early notification of a claim is important. I wouldn't say to an ER doctor, "Just let me check to see if I'm covered before you try to make me better." It all worked out well.

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/28/2024 03:30 AM

I never bothered to check with my insurance till I returned home. Felt no need to. Glad it worked out for you.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/28/2024 12:33 PM

Whaletail--I agree, insurance companies always like an early notification of a claim.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: March Visit To SMMC - Update - 04/28/2024 09:42 PM

Good to hear that it was covered.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline