TravelTalkOnline

Already booked RCI trades

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Already booked RCI trades - 10/08/2014 06:49 PM

If anyone has an RCI trade that was confirmed before Caravanseri became Alegria, what is the status now, as far as RCI is concerned?
Posted By: mecs

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/08/2014 07:05 PM

I currently have 2 weeks booked for July/Aug 2015. One is my regular week. The other is a week that I used points for (immediately preceding my regular week). As of today RCI was showing them as booked, confirmed reservations.
Posted By: cloutypepper

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/08/2014 09:37 PM

We have booked(on 9/11/14)for a stay at the RI la plage for next month. We booked using banked points earned from last year's timeshare week at Caravanserai. We signed a timeshare agreement for every other year and do not earn any points this year(off year). I just checked RCI again and everything is all good and we still have points remaining...from last year. We also received our letter yesterday from Alegria
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/09/2014 08:22 PM

If I'm reading what he's saying correctly, mhughes is saying that RCI is saying that they are NOT going to honor reservations made through them??
Posted By: TomR

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/13/2014 02:15 AM

Someone posted on Facebook today that RCI removed them from Caravanseria in the middle of their vacation and placed them in the Sea Palace. According to this person, Caravanseria is no longer affiliated with RCI, but that RCI will try to find suitable replacements for their clients.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/13/2014 09:14 AM

TomR said:
Someone posted on Facebook today that RCI removed them from Caravanseria in the middle of their vacation and placed them in the Sea Palace. According to this person, Caravanseria is no longer affiliated with RCI, but that RCI will try to find suitable replacements for their clients.

As far as location, parking ,etc., Sea Palace is nowhere near a "suitable" replacement IMHO.
Posted By: CLIFFTOPS

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/13/2014 11:18 AM

The party that was moved loves Sea Palace

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/13/2014 11:35 AM

CLIFFTOPS said:
The party that was moved loves Sea Palace

I saw that and perhaps others would also. There are others who would probably not feel the same, especially given the parking situation. Personally, it is not a location I would enjoy.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/13/2014 12:02 PM

Agreed. I would be pissed if they moved me downtown.
Posted By: sxmojo

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/13/2014 12:52 PM

We are confirmed online with RCI for 1/4/15. I just spoke with RCI. At this point they are saying we are still confirmed. However as stated previously this can change based on the new owners. They basically said they will let us know if something changes as soon as they know. Ugh!! We are in vacation purgatory at the moment.

Re: Already booked RCI trades - 10/13/2014 01:25 PM

I would probably make another call to RCI and try to speak to a supervisor. Personally, I would NOT feel comfortable under the circumstances, especially given the fact another poster was recently moved and other rumblings pertaining to Alegria and RCI.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline