TravelTalkOnline

Grand Cayman Vacation

Posted By: sxm94

Grand Cayman Vacation - 02/21/2014 09:58 PM

My husband and I are traveling to Grand Cayman on Monday the 24th of Feb. We will be staying in the West Bay Area. We are renting a condo at Coconut Bay. Any information on grocery stores, liquor stores and restaurants in the area would be appreciated. We enjoy Italian food and casual dining.
Posted By: Testudo

Re: Grand Cayman Vacation - 02/22/2014 02:02 AM

There is a local Fosters Food Fair grocery in West Bay, less than a 5 minute drive from Coconut Bay. As for local restaurants; Papapgallo is the local Italian, Morgan's Harbour the more casual of the good seafood options, MacaBuca/Cracked Conch is almost next door with MacaBuca being the casual option; Al Fresco is OK for local cuisine, and Heritage Kitchen is pure local food served for both locals and tourists; Duke's is good BBQ and other casual fare, Thur-Sat are roadside BBQ's near the public beach parking areas, Sunshine Grill is hard to top for tacos and burgers, many, many more options along West Bay Road and into George Town as well (Luca, Ragazzi, Casanova, and La Dolce Vita are all very good Italian options). Best liquor stores will be along West Bay Road, along Seven Mile Beach. There are only a few smaller liquor stores in West Bay.
Posted By: shiloh8912

Re: Grand Cayman Vacation - 02/23/2014 02:32 AM

We found the local roadside stands sometimes had the best food at a very reasonable cost. Best jerk chicken I've ever had anywhere was at a roadside stand just down the street from the Turtles Nest Inn in Boddentown.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline