TravelTalkOnline

Bareboat charter in Phuket?

Posted By: Twanger

Bareboat charter in Phuket? - 12/31/2014 09:31 PM

Has anyone sailed near Phuket, Thailand?
The area is so beautiful, it seems like it would be a wonderful place to sail, but I don't know the first thing about it.
Posted By: sailorjane

Re: Bareboat charter in Phuket? - 12/31/2014 09:57 PM

Watch for Sunset Sammy's posting to start probaly next week as he will be cruising in these grounds. I know that Moorings and Sunsail used to have a base there. I am not sure if they still do. Sunset Sammy will likely give you lots of good information to see if it is something you are interested in. I look forward to reading his interesting and informative postings as well as the pictures to get through the winter!
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Bareboat charter in Phuket? - 01/03/2015 05:55 PM

I think Mike & Jean Beswick sailed around there when they did the World ARC.
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Bareboat charter in Phuket? - 01/04/2015 08:38 AM

We missed out on Thailand, Chris. Went to Bali, Indonesia, but nowhere else in South Asia.

I'm looking forward to reading Sammy's reports to see what we missed.
Posted By: Sunset_Sammy

Re: Bareboat charter in Phuket? - 01/04/2015 07:46 PM

I'm in Bangkok now and will be joining Skyelark in Phuket on the 14th after spending some time in Chiang Mai. Can't wait the pictures of the area look amazing.
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Bareboat charter in Phuket? - 01/05/2015 09:55 PM

Awesome! I'm so looking forward to your report and pictures.
Always great!
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Bareboat charter in Phuket? - 03/14/2015 04:28 PM

The sailing around Phuket is like sailing in parts of the Caribbean where anchorages are close and the scenery is spectacular. I think Dream Yacht Charters has bases at Langkawi, further away in Malaysia, and at the marina in Phuket, Yacht Haven so you could charter from them.

The food, culture, hong snorkeling and beach life is about as good as it gets in Thailand. Remember, it is one of the three "T's" that sailors seek: Thailand, Turkey and Tahiti/Tuomotos.

Phuket itself is great for food, friendly people and exploring. Just watch yourself in the bars because what appears to be female might not always be the case smile

Of course the Caribbean is pretty good too!

Good luck with your choice.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline