TravelTalkOnline

Southern France Driving Tour

Posted By: kenmoore

Southern France Driving Tour - 08/14/2017 07:31 PM

During the summer of 2018, my wife and I will be doing a driving tour of southern France focusing on the southeaster quadrant of France. Has anyone on this board done this and can you recommend excursions and places to see and stay.

Thanks./
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Southern France Driving Tour - 08/19/2017 03:01 AM

We ended up in the Aveyron area this past Summer. Stayed at a friend's AirBnB place near La Salvetat Peyralès. This was not the wine lands, but cool castles, catherdrals and views.house . I could put you in direct contact to save both of you fees. There were many cool places to see in a 50 minute circle around the house. ZERO traffic on great roads. We downloaded GoogleMaps of the area prior to the trip so we had amazing driving directions without renting a GPS. Caveat is other than tourist places not much open on Sunday or Monday. My FB profile is mostly public so you should be able to see photos of some of the places we stopped. <a href="www.facebook.com/michael.kneafsey.9" target="_blank">FB page</a> I don't upload a lot of photos, but feel free to ask any question.

This place was about 1.5 hours from Toulouse. Car rental about $35/day.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline