TravelTalkOnline

Advice on Culinary Tour

Posted By: jar867

Advice on Culinary Tour - 04/29/2023 11:00 PM

We have spent the last several years cruising. While a great way to get a sampling of the world, there are rushed excursions and little time to sample the local food. When we are on a cruise we will seek out cooking and dining experiences. We have done cooking classes on Oceania and they were great. We have been on land excursions, on Viking Ocean, with the ship's chef which included shopping and then cooking on board and enjoying a great meal. All of our experiences were fun.

We are now looking to do a land tour that will allow us to sample dining delights in a particular country or region. We have heard that Ireland has had an explosion of culinary talent in recent years. I have read that they have extended tax advantages to talented artists, chefs and the like. To that end, here are some questions, regarding Ireland or anywhere else.

1. Is anyone aware of a Culinary tour company that would be good?
2. Has anyone had any experience with a company called Firebird Tours?
3. Has anyone had an experience with a short time cooking course/tour?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Advice on Culinary Tour - 04/29/2023 11:48 PM

Hey guys! Hope things are going well for you!

When I saw your note, I immediately thought of Tuscany. Have not done it myself, but I know one or two members did a culinary vacation there, a few years ago.

Best wishes in the planning!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Advice on Culinary Tour - 04/29/2023 11:52 PM

Found this one, not a whole culinary tour, but interesting.

Link

and this one

Link 2
Posted By: EllenS

Re: Advice on Culinary Tour - 05/08/2023 03:53 PM

We did a three day cooking school in Tuscany about 20 years ago. It was excellent.

http://www.gourmetgetaways.biz/tuscany-tutti-a-tavola

They are still operating.

Have fun
Elle
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline