TravelTalkOnline

Costa Rica

Posted By: Daisy304

Costa Rica - 01/13/2014 08:41 PM

Changing it up this year and will be travelling to Costa Rica in March. Any recommendations on where to stay on the Central Pacific Coast. We will be flying into San Jose.
Posted By: TomB

Re: Costa Rica - 01/15/2014 02:25 PM

Sorry Daisy cannot really help. I have stayed on very Southern Pacific Side near Golfito at a fishing camp.

Beautiful country - Great People - Looking forward to a trip report.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Costa Rica - 01/17/2014 02:10 AM

Flew in to San Jose for a week. After 2 days went to Manuel Antonio area. I would give it good for 2-3 days. There is some volcano, eco, and zip lines tours in the NW coast. I would advise any length travel to use the hopper planes.

SXM??? Wendell
Posted By: sailn

Re: Costa Rica - 01/24/2014 09:08 PM

tripadvisor forum has a lot on cr
we flew to liberia , went to la fortuna (mountains) for 4 days
hot pools and major zip lines - dare u to try this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9fIXClO9D8

then tamarindo beach for 4
stayed capitain suizio very nice at the beach

take repellant they are having a dengue fever epidemic -cases 11,000 in 12, 26000 in 13, 48000 in 14. government efforts not working. hospital near nosara gets 40 cases a day
Posted By: aquamarine

Re: Costa Rica - 01/25/2014 02:25 AM

Several years ago we spent 2 weeks in a rental villa located in the jungle outside of Quepos. We found a lot to do; had intended scuba diving but did not do that - no shops were open at the time of year we were there (November). So, we did a horseback ride to a waterfall in the jungle; river rafting; guided walk through Manual Antonio Park; day or two at the beach; guided boat trip in the Damas Estuary; minimal shopping in town; thoroughly enjoying the villa and its pool and surrounding jungle with monkeys, sloths, etc.

We flew into San Jose, rented a car and drove ourselves to Quepos. Despite no scuba, it was a terrific vacation!
Posted By: Daisy304

Re: Costa Rica - 01/31/2014 12:41 PM

Thanks all for the feedback. We opted for a tour that will begin and end in San Jose. It will take us all around. Rainforest, volcano, hot springs, cloud forest, beach in Guanaste,and Manual Antonio Park. There will be 6 of us traveling together so it should be fun!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline