TravelTalkOnline

Logs out automatically

Posted By: Fred

Logs out automatically - 01/04/2018 10:37 PM

Unlike the previous edition, I get logged out each time I leave TTOL - probably when I choose "sleep" or "hibernate". Any ideas why?
Thanks,
Fred
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Logs out automatically - 01/04/2018 11:16 PM

Perhaps you need to log OUT and log back IN, and make sure you check the box that says "keep me logged in", after you log back in. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR PASSWORD before you log out, and if you don't remember it, go in and change it before you log out. If that doesn't work, it's a security setting on your browser.

Re: Logs out automatically - 01/05/2018 03:42 PM

Carol,
Yes I logged out and in and checked the box, but still logs me out - even when I just open a new tab and come back. Any suggestions re: security setting?
Thanks,
Fred
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Logs out automatically - 01/05/2018 05:49 PM

Check the security setting on your browser. Normally like tools/internet options area. Make sure that it allows for cookies or put in ttol as a trusted site for cookies.

Re: Logs out automatically - 01/05/2018 11:47 PM

Thanks and I'll take a look at these recommendations.
Fred
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Logs out automatically - 09/24/2019 02:01 AM

This is an ongoing issue and problem for me.

For weeks and months all is fine, then suddenly I get repeatedly logged off after a few seconds - every page load or refresh. The problem then persists for weeks or months.

This happens across three different devices and I haven't changed the settings of any of them. This can't be on my end!

I really hope you find this problem because it makes the site almost impossible to use, not because of having to log on again but because each logon resets the updated threads data, so I have no way of finding new messages.

I'm putting a new boat in charter in the BVI and I really want to continue to benefit from this awesome site!

Re: Logs out automatically - 09/24/2019 01:23 PM

I'm inclined to think it may be your browser, because no one else reports these types of issues that you are talking about. Occasionally I end up logged out and I just log back in, but nothing like what you are describing.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Logs out automatically - 09/24/2019 04:12 PM

As I said, it happens concurrently on different browsers and different platforms, different ISPs.

That said, just now I'm somehow staying logged on through several page loads.

When I posted yesterday, I had to re-logon just before submitting the post because I couldn't stay logged on through a single page load.
And it's not true that no one else reports the issue - Fred did.

Re: Logs out automatically - 09/24/2019 04:23 PM

You said different devices, not that you used different browsers. I use the same browsers on both of my machines. Sorry, I just don't know that there is anything we can do, as your problem does seem to be unique. Fred said that he gets logged out when he leaves..
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Logs out automatically - 10/27/2019 03:59 PM

I also occasionally get logged out, even though I always check the keep me logged in box. I use Chrome, and only access TTOL from my laptop. It doesn't happen every time; maybe every month or so.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline