TravelTalkOnline

Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin

Posted By: fletchccc

Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin - 04/24/2023 03:42 AM

Ahoy, Planning for our boat to go to the Grenadines for Hurricane season. Some buddies and I may fly down to Grenada to help captain and chef deliver her back north for charter season in BVI. Our thought was to take 12-14 days and leisurely (somewhat) sail from Grenada north. We'd jump off in SXM and fly home while the captain and crew continue on to BVI for boat show.
Question is, what are thoughts on this timeline? 12-14 days? We were thinking October 14-27ish...
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin - 05/07/2023 07:58 PM

It took us 3 days to sail offshore from St. John, USVI to Grenada on a 38 foot monohull sailboat.
Just pick your weather window and you will be fine.
October will still have tropical waves streaking across the islands, so time your passage between those nasty things.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin - 07/07/2023 05:41 PM

I'd take 14 days if you have them - stop to smell the roses on the way. I'm in Carriacou now and it is awesome. As are the Grenadines, St. Lucia, Martinique, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Antigua, St. Kitts & Nevis then St. Barths and finally St. Martin.

It can be done in 3 days or less of non-stop sailing; but that's boring offshore sailing and I've only done that when I had a schedule to keep (or, back during COVID days, wasn't allowed to stop on the way...).

Re: Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin - 09/25/2023 01:34 AM

Thanks, all. October 15th to the 29th it is!

Re: Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin - 09/25/2023 01:35 AM

Also, Need to re-up our fishing supplies upon landing in Grenada.
Any clue where the best place to get a Hawaiian sling, spear gun, lobster snares, etc?

Re: Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin - 09/27/2023 01:36 PM

What did you all use to clear in and out of customs on your island hopping trip down in the Grenadines on up towards SXM? Sailclear?
What's the best avenue to ensure expedited clearing of customs at each port of entry? Don't want to waste a bunch of time doing that stuff as we head north.
Thanks!
Posted By: irina

Re: Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin - 09/30/2023 08:40 PM

Well, our BVI skipper needed his Handyman repaired at Budget Marine.. So he gave it to me, I took it there and returned it to him on August Monday! Worked great!
Cheers!
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Delivery from Grenada to St. Martin - 11/20/2023 05:36 PM

What are your intended stops for that trip? When are you doing it (I'm doing that trip soon as well). The French islands are all the same, no electronic checkin prior to arrival/departure possible, but clearance is fast and cheap there. Sailclear in St. Lucia and Antigua.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline