TravelTalkOnline

sunny caribee on Bequia

Posted By: irina

sunny caribee on Bequia - 06/05/2013 09:14 PM

What ever happened to this property? Last I heard there were squatters and it was nasty.
We used to stay there in it's heyday. Great location.
And is Trade Winds where the Crab Hole used to be?
Thanks
irina
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: sunny caribee - 06/06/2013 12:21 PM

Irina--what island??
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: sunny caribee - 06/06/2013 03:58 PM

I think she means Bequia. At one time the property was called The Plantation House. Not sure what's happening now. It was for sale last time I heard.

Re: sunny caribee - 06/06/2013 07:00 PM

sorry Carol.
Bequia. Got brain freeze!
Used to be a lovely property, yes, Plantation House.
i
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: sunny caribee - 06/06/2013 07:39 PM

Irina--I changed the title of the post. Hopefully maybe you'll get a better answer now.

Re: sunny caribee - 06/07/2013 12:12 AM

Thanks!
i
Posted By: CrazyCanuxx

Re: sunny caribee - 05/01/2015 05:22 AM

Its still vacant n run down as of feb 2015.
so much potential. Statues n benches under trees still hanging on
yoga classes held in the am which r well attended.
italian owners nowhere in site..

Re: sunny caribee - 05/01/2015 02:18 PM

It was such a great place back in the day.
We stayed there several times, in the individual gingerbread houses.
This was before the statues! LOL
Sad.
Cheers
irina
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: sunny caribee - 05/08/2015 10:48 PM

The property has been sold, from what we heard 5 weeks ago. The squatters are gone and workers are fixing the place up. They were there every day we walked by. The selling price was big $$$ (7 figures US) so there is incentive to get it up and running again.

Re: sunny caribee - 05/12/2015 06:20 PM

Oh that's great news. Love that location. And those cottages were adorable.
Thanks. Look forward to getting more information.
cheers
irina
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: sunny caribee - 07/25/2015 10:00 PM

We just landed at the dinghy dock on the property and things are looking nicer. The dock shows some recent repairs and the bar it sits in front of is freshly painted, etc.

Re: sunny caribee - 07/25/2015 10:37 PM

Also, Irina, was it you that asked a while ago about the extension of the Belmont Walkway to Lower Bay? Last year I reported they had built steps from the Sunny Caribee property part way around to Princess Margaret Beach. Today I can report they have finished that part, so you can get to P.M. beach without getting your feet wet. At the far end of P.M. beach, they have also put in steps up the path that gets you to the road into Lower Bay. There are concrete steps at the bottom of the hill, with handrails at the steepest parts. At the top, the path is gravel, with teak step risers. The bush has been much cleared and so has much of the trash. Thanks Team Bequia!

Re: sunny caribee - 07/29/2015 04:50 PM

Wow. So much happening.
Loved that property and my husband and I did climb over the hill to PM Beach.
Wonder who is reopening the property?
Thanks for the updates!
I still use my Crab Hole tote back!
Cheers
irina

Re: sunny caribee - 07/30/2015 12:58 AM

In my last post, I used the term "Team Bequia" loosely, but in reality, many thanks (and perhaps donations) should go to actionbequia.org for the Belmont Walkway restoration, the PM Beach trail, and many other worthy projects.

Re: sunny caribee - 07/31/2015 01:49 AM

Yes the Belmont Walkway along the entire waterfront from Frangipani to The Fig Tree was first restored, then the path from the Plantation House to Princess Margaret was entirely built by Action Bequia with generous donations from visitors to our beautiful island. If you would like to know more about the other projects which Action Bequia has done or would like to donate to one of the many worthy projects please visit the website www.actionbequia.org.

Re: sunny caribee - 07/31/2015 01:53 AM

Plantation House is now owned by the Glass family and restoration work is underway to hopefully bring the once beautiful hotel to its former glory. It is a much welcomed beautification of the waterfront.

Re: sunny caribee - 07/31/2015 04:05 PM

Plantation House is a lovely location. Our favorite. We have stayed at Frang, Frang up the hill, Julie and Isola's!
Gingerbread, and a rental behind Plantation House.
Need to go back!
Cheers
irina
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline