TravelTalkOnline

Best Snorkeling on Bonaire

Posted By: Anonymous

Best Snorkeling on Bonaire - 03/22/2014 08:52 PM

I know Bonaire is known for its scuba diving from the shore but I am looking for the best place(s) where my whole group can share the best snorkeling from the shore.

Anybody have recommendations? Do any of these places have any actual sand on a beach or are they all dive platfroms to dive off of?
Posted By: aquamarine

Re: Best Snorkeling on Bonaire - 03/25/2014 03:04 AM

The best resource for information on all things Bonaire is www.bonairetalk.com; you'll find a forum that includes snorkeling as one of many topics. My visits to Bonaire were for scuba diving, staying in private homes on the water, but there are many, many wonderful snorkeling spots, too, with access from sandy beaches.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Best Snorkeling on Bonaire - 03/25/2014 12:21 PM

It hard not to find a great spot to snorkel in Bonaire.
All you have to do is drive along the shore and stop anywhere you see the water dark with coral and hop in.
Bonaire is like a Galapagos island with a different twist like lizards that are irredecent and Flamingos.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best Snorkeling on Bonaire - 04/13/2014 03:44 PM

Thanks for the replies.....I guess I should clarify my question abit.......Looking for resorts which folks would say the snorkeling is great. I know the scuba may be great but I'm worrying about the least common denominator which is the snorkeling crew. Which resorts have the best off the shore or off their dock snorkeling?
Posted By: aquamarine

Re: Best Snorkeling on Bonaire - 04/24/2014 03:48 PM

A few years ago when Bonaire was really on my radar (we went 5 times), the Divi had a reputation for very, very good snorkeling right off their dock.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline