TravelTalkOnline

No Caribbean sailing for me this winter

Posted By: Sunset_Sammy

No Caribbean sailing for me this winter - 12/30/2014 07:21 PM

With Skyelark making her way around the world, I won't be sailing in the Caribbean this year. However I am leaving for Thailand on Friday and after spending 10 days or so on land I will be joining Dan and Em aboard Skyelark in Phuket for 10 days of sailing in the beautiful islands near there. Trip reports will be in the World Wide Travel Forum, but probably won't start showing up till about the 5th. Just in case anyone wants to follow the continueing adventures of an old guy on a boat (or maybe even an elephant)
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: No Caribbean sailing for me this winter - 12/31/2014 09:50 AM

That should be a great trip Sammy. Our only regret about our round the world trip was that we didn't take a year out from WARC to spend time around Thailand and Malaysia etc.

Looking forward to your reports.
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: No Caribbean sailing for me this winter - 01/05/2015 02:21 PM

It doesn't get much better than Thailand, Sammy. The sailing is good and the people are wonderful.

Maybe you can sail with Skyelark after they ship to the Med too? Mediterranean sailing is fascinating from a cultural standpoint but the winds blow kind of strong there smile

Enjoy your trip!
Posted By: CanadianGirrrl

Re: No Caribbean sailing for me this winter - 03/13/2015 05:15 PM

we just found your grenada and carriacou reports and are enjoying them very much as this is an area we'll be visiting on our own trip around the world, looking forward to Thailand reports as it's on the list too, good luck and thank you.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: No Caribbean sailing for me this winter - 03/13/2015 05:48 PM

CG--the Thailand reports are already posted, in the Worldwide forum.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline