TravelTalkOnline

Place to stay on Saba

Posted By: katieben

Place to stay on Saba - 01/03/2014 07:30 PM

We are planning a few days in Saba for hiking & just to see the island. Juliana's was booked. We were wondering if anyone had stayed at Cottage Club or Scout's Place? Any preference? We do not dive. Just looking for a convenient place for seeing the island & a little hiking.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Place to stay on Saba - 01/03/2014 07:39 PM

I have stayed at the Cottage Club many times, and have always been pleased. You have a large room with kitchen facilities at one end, and a fabulous view at the other end. Just your basic place to stay. Many hiking trails originate in Windwardside. Don't forget steak night at the Swinging Door!
Posted By: truant2

Re: Place to stay on Saba - 01/03/2014 08:38 PM

Juliana's is also nice.
Posted By: pat

Re: Place to stay on Saba - 01/03/2014 09:17 PM

Katie and Ben,

While it is not on your choice list, the Queen's Garden Inn is lovely and while you might be put off by their listed prices on their website, we contacted them directly with our dates and they put together a special packaged price for us and added a few breakfasts and a dinner at our request. it worked out to be far more reasonable than their listed rack rates and the stay was wonderful.

We've referred quite a few SXMers and to date each of them has been well satisfied with their stays. If you check out caribbeanscouts prolog to her trip report she has posted a couple of photos that would paint a better picture than my words could ever do.

I will add the staff is very accommodating both in finding better air prices than we could find and in providing concierge services for a few restaurant reservations. Oh! Their restaurant is excellent, too.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline