TravelTalkOnline

Squawk sheets

Posted By: tjkunes

Squawk sheets - 06/10/2013 04:47 PM

Do any of the charter companies offer these for review to facilitate checkout? If I had a boat in the fleet, I'd request that they be made available to the next charterer to help maintain the boat.
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/10/2013 04:53 PM

For CYOA I just keep a little record going in my iPhone during the charter, and at the end of the charter I copy/paste it into an email and send it to them. That way they can print it out for the dock-staff. It also helps me keep track, because little things are easy to forget.

A form would be nice, but probably more important is simply taking the time to get the Charter company the info they need in any kind of printable form.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/11/2013 01:07 PM

We always make a list as we go, then we discuss with out check out person.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/11/2013 01:21 PM

Voyage gives you one at the start of your charter.

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/11/2013 02:17 PM

Maybe I did not express myself clearly.
I am suggesting that the squawk sheet filled out by the last charterer be provided to the next charterer for review of actions taken to fix the items noted.

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/11/2013 02:32 PM

How would this be accomplished?

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/11/2013 02:56 PM

The charter company would let you review the last one.

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/11/2013 04:54 PM

I was wondering if a charter company would actually be interested in doing something like that. Pros and cons from their perspective. Due to time-constraints on turn-around of a boat, maybe some things would not get fixed. Depends on schedule. Unlikely a charter company would want to get themselves into the position to have to point that kinda thing out "we didn't fix X because we didn't have time." Essentially it puts the charterer in the position of QCing the charter company's work, or what work they didn't do.

It would be interesting to hear from a charter company on this idea.

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/11/2013 06:04 PM

Twanger writes, "it puts the charterer in the position of QCing the charter company's work."

The problem with that is ?

Reasonable people can accept reasonable explanations.
Posted By: leeguice

Re: Squawk sheets - 06/11/2013 08:07 PM

Oh if we were all reasonable life would be so different!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline