TravelTalkOnline

Myrtle Beach 1st week March

Posted By: Hunter101

Myrtle Beach 1st week March - 01/25/2015 01:39 AM

We will be staying at Sheraton Broadway Plantation the 1st week of March. It is a two BR two Bath accommodation. Anyone have any opinions, good or bad with regards to the Sheraton? Any suggestions on things to do, see, that time of year? This is on our way back to Pa after two months in Fla. I know, getting back to Pa a bit to soon weather wise. Oh well *L*
Posted By: swg

Re: Myrtle Beach 1st week March - 01/26/2015 02:53 AM

There are a lot of shows in Myrtle Beach. Some of them quite close to where you are staying. You should be able to get information about them at the resort.

It has been a while since we in Myrtle Beach, but I do remember that there are some excellent seafood restaurants.

Brookwood Gardens is an interesting day trip. It is full of sculpture as well as a magnificent live oak allee.

Sue
Posted By: charlieh

Re: Myrtle Beach 1st week March - 01/26/2015 04:06 AM

swg said:
Brookwood Gardens is an interesting day trip. It is full of sculpture as well as a magnificent live oak allee.

Sue

This is an excellent suggestion. Also do the new gigantic new ferris wheel.
Posted By: OldTimer

Re: Myrtle Beach 1st week March - 01/28/2015 01:35 AM

The Skywheel is certainly a must, providing they are operating. I'm not sure if they do shut down. We went in September one year and it was already offseason; only 6 other people there.

If you want a trip to a real quiet, beautiful beach, drive up to Sunset Beach in NC. It would be about a 30 minute drive. This is a much different beach than Myrtle. Very quiet at that time of year and great white soft sand. Just having moved down here, this is by far and away our favorite beach.
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: Myrtle Beach 1st week March - 01/28/2015 04:41 PM

Brookgreen Gardens - about 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach - very much worth a visit.
Posted By: swg

Re: Myrtle Beach 1st week March - 01/28/2015 04:49 PM

Just so you know, your tickets to Brookgreen Gardens are good for the entire week. At least that was so the last time we were there. We were staying nearby and went for our morning walk there almost everyday. It was a great way to start the day.

I just double checked the name and Brookgreen is correct.

Sue
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Myrtle Beach 1st week March - 02/02/2015 04:44 AM

If you are golfers you should tee it up.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline