TravelTalkOnline

DC Flyover

Posted By: TomB

DC Flyover - 05/02/2020 08:25 PM

Thank you to the Navy and Air Force who gave everyone a chance to look up!
What a way to say thank you to the Healthcare Workers, Store Clerks, First Responders, and all those on the COVID-19 battlefield.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: DC Flyover - 05/02/2020 10:28 PM

Thanks for the post, Tom. Take care.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: DC Flyover - 05/03/2020 02:02 AM

Thank you Tom!!! Just the uplift I needed today.
Posted By: BEERMAN

Re: DC Flyover - 05/03/2020 02:40 PM

Nice pic Tom, did you take it? We were outside the house waiting, heard them passing about 3 miles away, Donna saw them through an opening in the trees, I just heard them ugh.

Re: DC Flyover - 05/03/2020 08:20 PM

My wife has had some very long days in the hospital for the last 7 weeks.
Of course she missed her retirement date... and the workplace and working environment has been extremely intense.
So when we woke up Saturday I said we are driving up to see the fly over - It is for you, and you should see it!
Janet is a big fan of any kind of parade or show. So we drove up Iwo Jima Monument and sat on the hill.
I would say 80% of the people had on a mask, but everybody gave a lot of space to those around them.
Absolute beautiful day and much needed outing for us!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: TravelHat

Re: DC Flyover - 05/03/2020 10:57 PM

Awesome, thanks

Re: DC Flyover - 05/04/2020 10:51 AM

Really nice pics, wish we had driven to a better vantage point.

80% masked, about the same in our local grocery stores/hardware stores. Interesting story...I went to Trader Joes and there was a line of 20 people, everyone standing patiently 10 feet apart with masks on....except one lady .. maskless she inched her way up to within arms length of another lady... and without hesitation and hands on hip the other women spins around saying "WTF ARE YOU DOING? GIVE ME SPACE" the woman replied yelling "IM NOT INFECTED, IM NOT INFECTED!!" These are truly some insane times, wonder how people will act in another 2 months?

Thumbs up to Janet for sticking in there to help!!!

Re: DC Flyover - 05/04/2020 11:47 AM

Beerman--that woman is probably positive for Covid 19 and asymptomatic. I am very conscious of people encroaching on my 'space' these days.

Re: DC Flyover - 05/04/2020 12:42 PM

I wear a mask when I'm in the stores, I've read that my type of mask is probably 20% helpful, but I believe its 100% psychologically helpful to people around me. I think giving space and wearing a mask, even just a bandana or scarf is the respectful way to go. I don't know if I have it, I could have been exposed yesterday when I got the mail, or on the golf course with my buddies. FYI, the Va. courses I've played give each golfer their own cart, have plugged the holes so nobody has to touch the flag and online payment so no interaction or reason to go in the club house! I sanitize my hands constantly when out and about, most importantly I've stopped chewing my finger nails!!!

Re: DC Flyover - 05/04/2020 12:56 PM

Walking on egg shells here…

Being an ex-smoker (Quit 12 years ago), I view the current situation much like what I experienced in the final months of my habit. No one wants to be near a smoker or to sit next to them in outdoor (or indoor) setting. And heaven forbid on an airplane or train!

Second hand smoke stinks and can be very dangerous to people who have respiratory problems. So… if you have chosen not to wear mask - you are now today’s smoker. Please do not be surprised if you find people do not want you around. Today society has places where smoking is tolerated, and there are even more places where it is not. A line to get food is not one of those places where one would find people very tolerant of an individual’s shortfall… excuse me their choice??

The planes and blue sky were amazing and come to think of it... I did not see one smoker!

[Linked Image]

Re: DC Flyover - 05/04/2020 01:20 PM

Tom--thanks for the pictures. Awesome!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline