TravelTalkOnline

Remember you can't bring fruit into the US

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 04/23/2018 06:14 PM

Link

Sorry, it seems to me that the Customs person took a little too hard line in this case. I know it wasn't allowed, but this seems a little extreme to me.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 04/23/2018 07:41 PM

I will agree, it does seem extreme but she lost credibility with me when she wanted to shift the blame to Delta.

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 04/23/2018 07:56 PM

Well, honestly I also think that Delta actually should have known better than to give out fruit. How many of us hang on to the somewhat inedible cookies or crackers or pretzels that we get on the airline? Many or most of us. Any of those would be fine to bring into the country.

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 04/23/2018 08:09 PM

Perhaps, but when you travel internationally you should be aware and there are usually signs and announcements pertaining to what is legal/illegal.

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 04/23/2018 08:20 PM

But Delta should be more aware of the rules than anyone. Regardless apparently that customs agent was having a bad day...

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 04/23/2018 08:27 PM

Assuming the story is accurate, I agree.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 04/24/2018 02:51 PM

Delta could have just made an announcement stating it was against customs to take the fruit off the plane. Bet they start doing that now.

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 04/24/2018 08:44 PM

Agreed, or put a slip of paper in with the apple...
Posted By: Kassin88

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 05/15/2018 01:39 PM

wow why couldn't they just throw the apple and let the woman go. I once watched a man before me who had his penknife in his carry on and though it is obviously forbidden to take it on board they just took it and that's all there is to it

Re: Remember you can't bring fruit into the US - 05/15/2018 03:08 PM

Agreed. I think the customs agent was having a very bad day.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline