TravelTalkOnline

Air Fare Watchdog Sites?

Posted By: pat

Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/27/2018 12:45 PM

I should know this but I’m drawing a blank this morning - can anyone give me the names of the sites that will check and advise you regularly iof changes in airfares? I’m not interested in specific airline sites or Expedia-type listings. TY in advance for any suggestions........ duh duh

After reflecting on my original question, the name finally came to me ........... YAPTA!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/27/2018 01:13 PM

Kayak is one I've used in the past. Are you trying to figure out how to squeeze in a trip to SXM this summer?? laugh

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/27/2018 01:23 PM

Thanks, Carol - Kayak is one I’ve used in the past and I know there is another that will allow you to input the info you’re looking at and it will let you know if there’s a price drop. That’s the one I’m specifically looking for and my mind is just drawing a total blank.

And no, while I wish we could squeeze something in before the Fall, it’s just not happening this year. We’re still hoping for four weeks Oct to Nov and another two or three in April but that’s it for now. JB won’t be posting their fares for April for a while and I’m looking at the AA fares and hoping for a ‘deal’ on our preferred flights - don’t think it’s happening this year but one can always hope, right?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/27/2018 03:41 PM

OK, sorry, Kayak is the only one that I have used. Sorry you won't be able to work in another trip this year, especially since your fall trip is kind of iffy.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/27/2018 06:18 PM

You could try Hopper as well

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/27/2018 06:56 PM

Thanks, Leona, but do they offer First or Business Class fares?
Posted By: Kathleen

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/27/2018 07:51 PM

Are you thinking of Yapta perhaps?

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/28/2018 01:13 PM

Thank you, Kathleen, and yes - that was the name. I was apparently having a senior moment.......
Posted By: Kathleen

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 06/28/2018 04:18 PM

Love Yapta. It used to be more valuable while JetBlue was offering credits any time the price decreased. I still track flights just in case they go down more than $100. I've gotten some really great credits to my travel bank in the past.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 07/14/2018 02:55 PM

We always list our flights with Yapta the day we make them and wait for the update notices. With Alaska Air you don't need a minimum to get credit. With some other Airlines like American you need at least a 200 difference to make it worth it.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Air Fare Watchdog Sites? - 08/30/2018 04:46 PM

Try Hipmunk.com. Especially they're three month price graph.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline