TravelTalkOnline

New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home

Posted By: sxmmartini

New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/07/2020 08:04 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/health/coronavirus-older-people-social-distancing/index.html

I will not be staying home but will avoid large crowds. I also shop early in the morning on weekdays.

Weekends are spent in the Green Mountains and this weekend will be 60 degrees and sunny.

Get outside and enjoy the day!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/07/2020 11:44 PM

More fear mongering and overkill.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/09/2020 12:09 PM

The headline is misleading. The advice is to avoid large crowds, not to stay at home. This is completely ridiculous.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/09/2020 01:04 PM

Completely ridiculous. They way news media is reporting this they are treating this like the black death plague.
Posted By: bran

Re: New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/11/2020 09:20 PM

SXM, respectfully, I dont know if you have been hiding under a rock but do you really think Italy would have shut down the whole country, Germany believing that 70% of its population will catch it plus UK just giving 30 billion pounds that's about $39 Billion to their people to help get through these times plus an open check to their NHS to do whatever it takes! Sorry but this Country is in complete and utter denial what is going on. Only have to look also at the markets, its official, we have now entered into Bear market territory. I'm not saying its the back death plague either,(but then again you nor I know what this is) but its going to be 10 times more fatal than flu fatalities. Fear Mongering and "overkill" you say. It's not I'm afraid and the last word "overkill" I truly hope I have misread but certainly not misunderstood when it comes to the facts. Again, I hope you are right, but I fear not.

Re: New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/11/2020 09:35 PM

Thank you for your reply. TTOL does not want political posts or current events but something like this should be allowed. I am over 60 with high blood pressure and my husband is alot older. I am quiet in my house not to freak out. I do not want this Covid-19 hitting both of us. We live close to New Rochelle and our Governor is scaring the crap out of me. Luckly I have a months supply of toilet paper.
Posted By: bran

Re: New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/11/2020 09:54 PM

Martini, I meant no harm and although bordering slightly on politics, its happening!!!!!! Like you, I have high blood pressure in our late 60's/70 plus the wife certainly has health issues so just concerned as (for those that really know) I don't believe it is fear mongering this time, plus as I have a trip coming up in April, I think it would/might be prudent under the circumstances to cancel. Certainly don't want to, just unsure and underneath quite worried, as I am sure we all are. Regardless, wishing us all safety, good health whatever we choose.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/11/2020 11:47 PM

Bought stock in a bidet manufacturer today. I will be flush in no time.

Re: New CDC guidelines people over 60 should stay home - 03/12/2020 02:04 AM

Bidets very interesting... So no toilet paper needed... I never got into the bidet thing. Each to each own.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline