TravelTalkOnline

What is in your pantry?

Posted By: sxmmartini

What is in your pantry? - 03/10/2020 11:07 PM

Hurricanes, earthquakes or more recently a possibble pandemic... Are you prepared?
I have 30 days of food if I need to stay at home, do you?

Let's share what we have in our pantry...
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/10/2020 11:49 PM

I have a huge freezer, pretty much stuffed this time of year, plus a huge pantry. (I try to pare down the freezer in the summer, in case we are out of power from a hurricane.) Could survive easily 60 days..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 12:10 AM

I think I could last 2+ years. Have 1 freezer filled with wild game, lamb chops and New York steaks and another freezer with Alaska king and silver salmon, home prepared foods and all kinds of other frozen edibles. 2 refrigerator/freezers fully loaded along with a large fully stocked pantry. And enough scotch, vodka and rum to sustain me even longer. I think I'll be OK.

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 01:12 AM

Oh, liquor, that's a whole 'nother situation!! Don't normally stockpile that, so maybe I should! laugh

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 04:13 AM

Glad I could help with a reminder. Lol
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 11:29 AM

I don't intentionally stockpile things, but always have a pretty full pantry and freezer. We might not eat well if we were stuck inside for a month, but we wouldn't starve. At this point I'd run out of wine, but we have plenty of spirits.

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 02:57 PM

Time to buy more wine. I usually have 20+ cases of red on the rack with a few rose and whites mixed in. It's a necessity if your home bound. drinking

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 03:46 PM

Wow, 20 cases!! Yikes! I probably should stock up on wine! grin

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 04:41 PM

It's a disease with me. cheers

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 09:21 PM

My pantry would have alot more healthier options if it were not for my hubby and his picky eating. Since the pantry needs to feed the both of us it is hubby's pantry. My dog's pantry is well stocked with food and of course cookies.

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/11/2020 10:13 PM

"My dog's pantry is well stocked with food and of course cookies."
As it should be.
Posted By: Southshore

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/12/2020 03:25 PM

Don't just stock your pantry. Check your medicine cabinet, too, and make sure you have enough meds, especially prescription meds, to last through such an emergency. Went to my doctor this week to refill some prescriptions, he gave me 60 days worth of each.

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/12/2020 06:56 PM

Very good advice... Thanks!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/13/2020 12:14 AM

Just bought 6 12 packs of chef boy r dee ravioli ......and 600 dollars worth of other stuff.

Grocery store had lines from front to back.

I’m preparing for a 42+ day hideout.

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/13/2020 01:06 AM

Prepping is soooo expensive! I have spent $700. at the market and when I unloaded the bags and stocked the shelves it seemed like a week supply of food.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: What is in your pantry? - 03/13/2020 11:12 PM

Agree. And you want to start eating the stockpile.

I have chef boy r dee and scuba has wine. I do have lots of beer.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline