TravelTalkOnline

Excellence Playa Majuers

Posted By: davidleonscott

Excellence Playa Majuers - 10/09/2014 12:05 AM

Is anyone familiar with Excellence PM? Any suggestions? Warnings? thanks.
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Excellence Playa Majuers - 10/09/2014 02:29 PM

TTOL is a great resource for St Martin but you will find a much more active Mexico forum on TripAdvisor.
Good luck on the research.
Posted By: irina

Re: Excellence Playa Majuers - 10/17/2014 09:12 PM

You have a link for that?
We stayed at Privilege Aluxes in Isla Mujeres. Could that be it?
If so, it was very nice and right on a great beach.
Cheers
irina
Posted By: bugambilias

Re: Excellence Playa Majuers - 10/17/2014 09:51 PM

Excellence Playa Mujeres is on the mainland, just a little north of Cancun Hotel Zone. That area is growing rapidly. We know where it is but that's it.
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Excellence Playa Majuers - 10/18/2014 03:30 PM

The clock is ticking bug. Still holding out for the free margarita(s) you promised.
Almost to the 3 month countdown.
Posted By: bugambilias

Re: Excellence Playa Majuers - 10/18/2014 05:39 PM

Can't wait to see you guys!
Posted By: geogrl

Re: Excellence Playa Majuers - 11/03/2014 01:39 AM

I stayed there a few years ago. I loved it. We were 2 couples and had a blast. The service is fantastic and the facilities are great - loved loved loved the pool(s). Is there anything specific you were wondering about?
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: Excellence Playa Majuers - 11/17/2014 07:40 AM

We stayed there in 2009 & 2010, then in 2013 went to their sister property, Excellence Riviera Cancun. It goes without saying that we had a great time there.

We enjoy having a swim-up room, then I tip the cocktail waitress $10 on my first day and ask if she can stop by our loungers whenever she walks by. All three visits this has worked as they don't usually go on the hotel side of the pool. Then I continue to tip $1 per drink.

Tipping is not required and doesn't even seem expected, but they are very grateful. We usually leave a few bucks after each meal, more if there were many courses or especially great service. We do not tip when we go to the buffet.

My favorite drink is the Excellence Sunrise. It's like a blended popsicle with liquor smile

Anyone questions? PM me!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline