TravelTalkOnline

safari?

Posted By: susanne100

safari? - 07/10/2008 05:24 PM

I am looking into going on an african safari with my family but I want to be sure that it's safe. I have been looking hard at www.kenya.com as a resource but I don't know if it's trustworthy. What do you guys think? Have you heard of it before or anyone used it, or evern of any good safari companies in Kenya???
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: safari? - 07/11/2008 04:35 PM

Depends on if you want to go to Kenya or not. There are several countries that are safer yes, and it also depends on what you want to spend and the amount of time you are planning.

Remember when looking at the number of days that you will loose as much as 2 days just for travel on both end of your trip. So a 8 day trip could end up being only 4 days there. So you have to really also think about the air travel arrangements. So where would you be starting from?
Posted By: sailn

Re: safari? - 07/11/2008 06:21 PM

And whats your very general budget per day?
Posted By: Sarahchance

Re: safari? - 08/16/2008 05:26 AM

Do you mean safe as in what is going on in the country or safe as in the reputation of the outfitters? The Serengeti is a popular destination but best to plan a trip there around the annual migrations. Here is a site with some info on a couple African destinations www.greatwildlifevacations.com
Posted By: dane

Re: safari? - 08/26/2008 12:59 AM

If you are interested in Tanzania, I was very happy with Thomson Safaris, based out of Massachusetts. They have a variety of safari packages, including family safaris.

www.thomsonsafaris.com
Posted By: BarMer

Re: safari? - 10/06/2008 08:35 PM

My son is a documentary film maker who owns the TV series "Ultimate Africa" with Jean Duplessis. I would recommend "Green Footprint Adventures"
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: safari? - 10/07/2008 09:12 AM

Hi Susanne;
Kenya is now safe to travel in all aspect, last month i had a visit to Kenya and Tanzania and really i enjoyed the holiday.

I recommend you check with Absolute Destination Safaris Ltd, who are the among the best cheap tour operators in East Africa and they are the one i booked with.

Their email is sales@absolutesafaris.net or even check their website: www.absolutesafaris.net, tell them that you have been recommended by Mr.Blummer

Regards
Robinson Blummer
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: safari? - 10/07/2008 12:32 PM

Dear Mr. Blummer--since your post is coming from Tanzania, I presume you are affiliated with this company. Please let us know if you'd like to pay to advertise.

Re: safari? - 10/10/2008 02:14 AM

Safe beautiful place for amazing safari vacation is Botswana
Okavango (sp) Delta is extraordinary for animals. Vacationed there in late Sept a few years ago. Botswana is safe. Fly to Joberg S.Af - transfer to Gaberonne ( capitol of Botswana) take a plan to the delta then take small planes to each of the camps.

Re: safari? - 10/10/2008 02:16 AM

Agreed, we went to Botswana three years ago for an amazing safari. I hope we will be able to return some day.

Re: safari? - 10/11/2008 01:02 PM

Agree- went there in 06 with wilderness safaris- lots of animals no crowds.

Re: safari? - 10/11/2008 03:43 PM

Edward--are you planning a trip?? We don't have the money to be able to do it right now, as I can't imagine doing it on the cheap, after our last trip, but we would love to go back to Botswana some day.
Posted By: ben55

Re: safari? - 10/24/2008 02:49 PM

is botswana agreat place tell me bcoz i am planning to travel there. is it a nice place to move around for trip.
reply me soon please.

Re: safari? - 10/29/2008 04:26 PM

Yes yes on Bots, go to a wet camp and to a dry camp
Posted By: Joeswind

Re: safari? - 07/01/2009 03:55 PM

My 2 favorite are Londolozi private reserve for the big cats in South Africa and Camp Okavango in Botswana's Okavango Delta.

Re: safari? - 07/01/2009 03:59 PM

Joe--do you have pictures or trip reports from any of your Africa trips that you could share?
Posted By: jennymc

Re: safari? - 07/03/2009 05:00 PM

We've taken several trips with CCAfrica and have never been disappointed. They are expensive, but reputable, with outstanding staff and acommodations. We've been to Kichwa Tembo in the Masai Mara, Grumeti and Serengeti Under Canvas tented camps in Tanzania and we'd go back in a heartbeat if we had the free money right now. Good luck wherever you do - it's an experience to treasure.

Re: safari? - 03/15/2010 04:53 PM

As far as I am concerned, the only choice is International Expeditions. You will get 5++++ star service. Safety & education is their moto. You will get Range Rovers where everyone can stand up and photograph. The othere companies have minivans with a small opening in the center where only a couple people can stand up. The vans are not equipped for the terrain. We went through rivers & mud and no one else could get to the areas we went to. We saw them off in the distance, where we were next to the action. We only went to Kenya. The hotels were amazing - Ritz Carlton level in the middle of no where! Honestly, how many times are you making this trip. It might be a little more pricey, but well worth it. Saftey is a huge issue! Don't miss the Elephant Orphange in Nairobi. Baby elephants put kittens to shame - you will never see anything more cute!
Posted By: sanntick

Re: safari? - 12/21/2010 07:18 AM

I think Mr.Blummer gave a direction to your search. Did you contact these people?
Posted By: mdoyle9999

Re: safari? - 02/03/2011 11:36 PM

We had a wonderful experience in Kenya but that was about five years ago. Right now, I think Botswana is a much safer bet. I also highly recommend Micato Safari.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline