TravelTalkOnline

Can Grand Lido Negril guests cut through Hedo

Posted By: campers20

Can Grand Lido Negril guests cut through Hedo - 08/27/2013 03:45 AM

We are staying and Grand Lido Negril in November and want to know if guests can still cut through Hedo to get to 7 mile beach?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Can Grand Lido Negril guests cut through Hedo - 08/27/2013 12:22 PM

From what I understand, no. GLN and HII used to both belong to SuperClubs, back in the day. Now they belong to two different companies, so no cutting through. Guess you need to walk all the way on the road, or get a cab.
Posted By: Halfwindy

Re: Can Grand Lido Negril guests cut through Hedo - 08/27/2013 03:26 PM

Taxis are usually waiting outside the entrance to GL. It's quite a hike to get access along the road, but a short ride to Long Bay.
Posted By: Wcstflyer

Re: Can Grand Lido Negril guests cut through Hedo - 08/27/2013 03:46 PM

Carol, now that Grand Lido has been sold to Blue Diamond resorts I would think that any ability to easily walk across the road to enjoy Hedonism II (SuperClubs) is ancient history. That's a shame as we occasionally booked GL back in the days when it was Negril's opulent all-inclusive resort. A couple could enjoy days on the busy nude beach of Hedo and quiet evenings at Grand Lido, safe from the rowdy Jersey Shore cast wannabes.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Can Grand Lido Negril guests cut through Hedo - 08/27/2013 03:57 PM

I think that's what I said?? Anyway, toward the end, they were charging a day pass rate to use HII, even when you were staying at Grand Lido, which never made sense to me.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline