Boneless Leg of Lamb

Posted By: Leagle49

Boneless Leg of Lamb - 04/28/2009 12:34 PM

1 jar Dijon Mustard
1 T Minced Garlic
1 T chopped fresh Rosemary
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C white wine

Mix all of the above. Place the lamb in a big plastic ziplock bag and add the marinade. Let marinate for at least 24 hours, turning occasionally. Allow lots of the marinade to cling to the roast. Place on rack and roast until done. 140 for rare. May also be done butterflied and on the grill. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Posted By: peconic

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb - 04/28/2009 01:23 PM

YEAH! that's the basic recipe I use too...
We have lots of peppermint plants around the property and I will use them in the marinade also...
But I bone out the leg of lamb myself, then butterfly...
Let it marinade overnight, and then roll it back up (with a bunch of peppermint leaves & chopped garlic inside) and tie with butchers twine to make a round roast...
Roast at about 325F with a thermometer with point in the center til about 150F...
Lamb is one meat I like a little more done than rare...
along with tuna/swordfish steaks & pork...

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb - 04/28/2009 06:02 PM

It also works well for a rack of lamb. I like lamb more red than pink, but it's a personal choice.
Posted By: Guineaman

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb - 04/30/2009 09:53 PM

Guestimate -- approx how long to cook average deboned leg o' lamb? Thermometer is fine, but I'd like to know how long to wait before I take the top off, let the heat out, and check temp.

thnx-

Bill in NJ
Posted By: peconic

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb - 04/30/2009 10:09 PM

Guineaman said:
Guestimate -- approx how long to cook average deboned leg o' lamb? Thermometer is fine, but I'd like to know how long to wait before I take the top off, let the heat out, and check temp.

thnx-

Bill in NJ

That's a really hard question to answer...
depends on how thick (is it butterflied?)...
Oven, grilled? flat or tied in a roast?
You really have to to guestimate on your own...
Really, a thermometer is best, IMO anyway...
I always rely on a thermometer... can't go wrong then...

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb - 05/02/2009 11:02 AM

I agree. I usually plan on an hour and a half, but start checking after 60 min. I use an instant read thermometer. With the investment you make in a boneless leg you sure don't want to spoil it!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline