TravelTalkOnline

Salsa Picante

Posted By: Augie

Salsa Picante - 05/14/2009 04:21 PM

What hot sauces do you like?
My two old standbys are Tabasco and Tapa Tio
Now I really like the Old Man roasted garlic sauce from the Guava-berry place On SXM.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Salsa Picante - 05/14/2009 04:51 PM

I use Frank's Red Hot as my everyday hot sauce, but have quite a few bottles of different sauces I've picked up at bazaars and food shows. My favorite is a habenero sauce with a hint of lime.
Posted By: annie

Re: Salsa Picante - 05/14/2009 06:01 PM

My husband collected hot sauces on all our trips. Now if only I knew what to do with all of them. I have a box with 58 different hot sauces in the garage and then there are about 50 more bottles in the bookcase in the office. Of course a whole bunch more in the kitchen!

Annie
Posted By: peconic

Re: Salsa Picante - 05/14/2009 08:14 PM

I like Frank's too, or Louisana Hot Sauce...
Neither are ruin your weekend hot, but that's not what I'm looking for, for everyday use...
Anything really... except Tobasco... Just don't like the flavor...
for really hot try Guaveberry's Liquid Fire Ultra Hot Sauce...
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Salsa Picante - 05/14/2009 08:35 PM

annie said:
My husband collected hot sauces on all our trips. Now if only I knew what to do with all of them. I have a box with 58 different hot sauces in the garage and then there are about 50 more bottles in the bookcase in the office. Of course a whole bunch more in the kitchen!

Annie

Every party I went to or was having myself, I would put out salsa and chips!
Posted By: Grumpy

Re: Salsa Picante - 05/14/2009 09:09 PM

Frank's is what my son uses for Buffalo wings.
Posted By: BigJim

Re: Salsa Picante - 05/15/2009 12:30 AM

Bell of Cow Wreck Beach Bar on Anegada just slices some habenero peppers and puts them in an empty tonic bottle with vinegar and lets it set a week or two. Once saw Davide of Brandywine pour a bunch on his fish.....much to his regret. The flavor is surprisingly good.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline