TravelTalkOnline

English Muffins

Posted By: SarahJane

English Muffins - 09/19/2009 05:48 PM

Has anyone ever tried to make them? Any recipes to share? Thanks
Posted By: peconic

Re: English Muffins - 09/19/2009 06:00 PM

Ya know I have thought about making them myself...
But they are so cheap to buy (Thomas' @ $1.99 for two six packs, on sale around here) and such a pain to make...
I've never been good with yeast recipes...

Here's one:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/English-Muffins/Detail.aspx
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: English Muffins - 09/19/2009 07:36 PM

Englis muffins are not available in a lot of states. I had an aunt who once lived in Iowa and every time she came home to NJ she returned to Iowa with bags of them as they were unavailable out there. That sounds like a good recipe. I made them years age but now can get Thomas' on sale.
Posted By: SarahJane

Re: English Muffins - 09/20/2009 02:18 PM

Peconic, I found that recipe also, looks kind of easy but like you I don't have much luck with yeast. I have really been craving some good eggs benedict so I went out with hubby this morning and indulged. That has to be my favorite breakfast if it is done right! I found it interesting that the english muffin recipe calls for cooking them on a griddle, I never would have guessed that.
Posted By: Peanut21

Re: English Muffins - 09/25/2009 06:55 PM

Found a great twist on Eggs Bene, which is one of my favorites too.

Try serving the Eggs Bene open faced, and using 2 slices of fried green tomatoes instead of the muffin. I dredge my tomatoes in a cornmeal/flour mix, and they're really crunchy. It's not the classic, but it's great.
Posted By: sandypants

Re: English Muffins - 09/29/2009 03:51 PM

I make an Eggs Mediterranean that has the muffins, ham, tomato slice, eggs and cheese sauce. Very good and easy. I just make a basic cheddar cheese sauce.
Posted By: peconic

Re: English Muffins - 09/29/2009 04:07 PM

we like an english muffin, with a thin spread of cream cheese & chives...
a thin slice of red onion... and some capers...
Topped with some Nova Scotia Lox...
Then a poached egg on top of each... covered in Béarnaise Sauce... we just use Knorr's...
and lots of fresh ground pepper!
Yummmm...
Great breakfast, or (as we usually do) for a Sunday night supper!
we do this at least every other Sunday for supper...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline