TravelTalkOnline

Jalapeno Goat Cheese Mousse recipe????

Posted By: annie

Jalapeno Goat Cheese Mousse recipe???? - 12/05/2009 04:46 PM

When I was at the Tree Lounge with Elaine, Bill and PJ we had a delicious Jalapeno Goat Cheese Mousse and I would love to be able to make some. First time I ever had goat cheese (I'm not a big cheese eater) and I really loved that. So...any help????
Posted By: peconic

Re: Jalapeno Goat Cheese Mousse recipe???? - 12/05/2009 07:08 PM

Here's a basic Goat Cheese Mousse Recipe...
I'd just add jalapeno's to my liking...

Goat Cheese Mousse
6 ounces fresh goat cheese
(or other soft goat cheese)
4 to 6 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Place the goat cheese in a food processor and process (depending on the cheese used, it may look smooth or crumbly). Pour 1/4 cup of the cream through the feed tube and continue to process until the mixture is smooth but will hold shape...
if necessary, add a little more cream.
Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste and mix just to combine.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.
The mousse can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days; let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften slightly before serving.

Re: Jalapeno Goat Cheese Mousse recipe???? - 12/05/2009 08:15 PM

Thanks Brian. I bought some goat cheese when I went out this morning. It is 4 oz. and it is a peppercorn blend. I'll have to give it a taste before I add any jalapenos.
Posted By: peconic

Re: Jalapeno Goat Cheese Mousse recipe???? - 12/05/2009 08:23 PM

Cuzvin & I go to the same place on LI where we get fresh homemade Goat Cheese... I love it...

Re: Jalapeno Goat Cheese Mousse recipe???? - 12/11/2009 01:29 AM

I tried making the mousse this morning and adding jalapenos to it but I don't think it is too good. I thought I would let it sit ovennight and then try it. Then I got to thinking...why don't I ask the source? So I emailed Loterie Farm this afternoon asking them and I got a very nice reply from Pierre a little while ago. Thanking me for the inquiry and glad that I enjoyed my visit there and that he would ask Julie about the recipe. Got my fingers crossed! I'm so looking forward to going back there in April!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline