TravelTalkOnline

Cruise starting and ending in Cozumel

Posted By: bugambilias

Cruise starting and ending in Cozumel - 08/30/2014 02:57 PM

Where can information about Caribbean cruises that don't stop in the USA be found?

After searching everyplace obvious, you are my (almost) last resort. There was a cruise from Cozumel on the Norwegian Dawn. The NCL option seems to have been discontinued.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cruise starting and ending in Cozumel - 08/30/2014 04:36 PM

As far as I know, there are no cruises that are home ported in Mexico. There are a few other options, like Star Clipper, that are home ported in various places in the Caribbean. There is also another cruise that is home ported in ST. Maarten, that is being discussed a bit on the SXM board.

Re: Cruise starting and ending in Cozumel - 08/30/2014 07:07 PM

Carol_Hill said:
There are a few other options... in various places in the Caribbean... also another in ST. Maarten.

Thanks but that is not really an option for us. We live in Playa del Carmen all winter. It's almost impossible to get from CUN to SXM or SFG without stopping in Mexico City or Miami. Too much of a PITA.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cruise starting and ending in Cozumel - 08/30/2014 07:51 PM

OK, I was confused as to whether you just didn't want something starting from the US, or specifically just from Mexico..

Re: Cruise starting and ending in Cozumel - 08/30/2014 09:07 PM

I'm looking for a cruise starting and ending in Cozumel.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Cruise starting and ending in Cozumel - 09/01/2014 11:31 PM

A good source is Vacations To Go website. There are cruises on some foreign lines like Pullmantur who ply the Caribbean without going to US. You can pretty much make any port your start/stop point. Have no idea how a Pullmantur would be. I've always said if its clean and the food edible I can enjoy the blue ocean and the ports. If the food is above that, great bonus. You can also search for cruises originating/ending in Cozumel and comes up ZILCH.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline