TravelTalkOnline

Parking at Port of Miami

Posted By: Anonymous

Parking at Port of Miami - 11/24/2014 03:34 AM

Does anyone have any advice for us as where to park? $20 per night ($140 for the week) in the ramp at the port seems pretty steep, but if that is what it takes to be sure our car is secure we'll pay it (but we won't like it).
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Parking at Port of Miami - 11/24/2014 01:17 PM

Can't recommend any specific ones right now as it has been too long, but there are a bunch of off-site parking areas for the port which are much more reasonable which provide shuttles to the port. You should be able to find some with a google search. They run somewhere around $6-$7 a day, or they used to.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Parking at Port of Miami - 11/24/2014 06:42 PM

Thanks Carol. I see several off site parking lots on the internet but I also have read reports that many of these are not secure and cars have been damaged or broken into. I thought if I want solid information I need to ask the TTOL folk.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Parking at Port of Miami - 11/24/2014 07:28 PM

As I said, I don't have a particular place to recommend, as it's been too long since we used one. I have to say, just because it's the cruise line parking, doesn't necessarily ensure that a vehicle wouldn't get broken into either.. The last time we did a 4 day deal, we parked at the pier, but otherwise for a week, that amount of money per day is just too rich for my blood. Best wishes..
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: Parking at Port of Miami - 11/25/2014 03:11 PM

The general view on cruise critic seems to be that it might be worth the price to park at POM because of concerns about service and security at the off-site places. Although security at POM itself cannot be taken for granted, it would appear that the history at POM is much better at POM than the off-site places. Other ports we use with a car (Baltimore, Canaveral, and Everglades) we have used off-site parking and would again. I am not sure we would in Miami.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline