TravelTalkOnline

Paul Gauguin Cruise

Posted By: davew

Paul Gauguin Cruise - 05/26/2019 03:00 PM

Been looking at a Tahiti based cruise with Paul Gauguin. Anyone with experience they would care to share?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Paul Gauguin Cruise - 05/26/2019 03:52 PM

We did a Tahiti cruise several years ago (2004) on Tahitian Princess. It was absolutely lovely! I don't honestly think Tahiti would change that much in the meantime. No experience with Paul Gauguin, but they have a great reputation. My big regret from that trip is that I still had a film camera and most of my photos were not that great because of going through security numerous times, which clouded the film. These days I wouldn't have that issue. It is a wonderful cruising area, and cruises are a much better bargain than land based vacations because of the astronomical cost of food, drink and accommodations. Snorkelling is amazing in that area. Enjoy!
Posted By: beachnutsrwe

Re: Paul Gauguin Cruise - 05/27/2019 10:39 AM

We went April 2017. Two nites precruise over the water bungalow in Tahiti and 14 nite cruise from Tahiti to Fiji. The PG is an amazing boat and crew. The food and rooms met my expectations. Probably not 5 star as advertised but still very good. The South Pacific is very different than the Carribean. All the islands are atolls. The PG is a shallow draft ship so it can sail through breaks in the atolls right up to the islands. The Pacific Islanders are very warm and welcoming. We will do another cruise with them. Book through PG and they handle every detail. Sign up for their precruise blog to see what others are saying.
Posted By: jphart

Re: Paul Gauguin Cruise - 05/30/2019 02:04 AM

Old ship. For sure not Five Star, Maybe not even Four.

Will depend on your cruise experience as well. What have been your recent cruises?
Posted By: davew

Re: Paul Gauguin Cruise - 06/14/2019 04:12 PM

We've only been on theme cruises......Nation Magazine and Jazz Boat. For whatever reason we often stay aboard rather than go ashore to the hustle and bustle of ports in the Caribbean and Mexico. The trip to Tahiti is booked and we are stoked. What a way to celebrate 55 years of marriage.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline