TravelTalkOnline

No sail order extended to October 1 in US waters

Posted By: Carol_Hill

No sail order extended to October 1 in US waters - 07/17/2020 02:24 PM

Link

Reading that story, I was stunned to read of the number of ships involved. (These stats do NOT include Diamond Princess. ) "........99 outbreaks on 123 cruise ships meaning that 80% of U.S. jurisdiction ships were impacted. Nine of those cruise ships are still dealing with coronavirus outbreaks on board. " That is also stunning, that there are still 9 ships with active infections onboard...
Posted By: Cathyg

Re: No sail order extended to October 1 in US waters - 07/25/2020 01:58 PM

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-...ThL241p1JhbI6nonfx3vXF5dgLurlayVJpsg-1oM

Things are not looking good for cruise lines. It Looks like Princess is not cruising until mid December. We have an NCL cruise booked for February and the final payment is due in October. If they are not cruising by October 22...we will cancel rather than pay it off and have to fight over a refund.

What a mess....
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: No sail order extended to October 1 in US waters - 07/25/2020 06:11 PM

Princess will have more long term effects from this than anyone, but it will be a problem for a long time for all cruise lines.. Prices will have to plummet, long term, to get anywhere close to full ships again.
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: No sail order extended to October 1 in US waters - 07/26/2020 11:59 PM

I can't imagine how the Cruise lines are going to survive all of this. They have very little revenue coming in. I believe most are based outside of the U.S. to avoid paying taxes, so I can't imagine the U.S. trying to help them out financially.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline