TravelTalkOnline

RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard

Posted By: PelicanPirate

RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/27/2013 07:16 PM

Ship headed from Baltimore to Coco Cay, Bahamas diverted to Freeport, Bahamas. Will be interesting to learn cause.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/27/2013 09:32 PM

Mercy, the fire burned for two hours? Wow.
Posted By: tomralnc

Re: RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/28/2013 11:08 AM

Pictures here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5367

Re: RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/28/2013 12:16 PM

Scary story, all the way round, fire burned for two hours, at muster stations in the middle of the night, with reports that the captain said to "run" to their muster stations? God, I hope not.
Posted By: swg

Re: RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/28/2013 08:14 PM

The Philadelphia Inquirer had a small article saying that RC was chartering planes to fly all passengers back Baltimore, was refunding the entire cost of the cruise, and giving them a voucher towards another cruise.

I haven't seen anything at all in anything that I've read about the captain telling people to run to their muster stations. Could "as quickly as possible" morphed into "run?"

Sue

Re: RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/28/2013 08:29 PM

Some of the passengers have arrived back in Baltimore on chartered planes by now, as there were some pictures of them back in Baltimore.

It was reported on Cruise Critic that some of the passengers said that the captain said "run". Can't imagine he actually said "run" either.

Re: RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/29/2013 12:06 AM

Every time we've been on a Royal Caribbean cruise during the Muster Drill there have been crew members stationed all along the way. They did not hesitate to put an end to any nonsense. I would think that they would have put a prompt stop to any running or other dangerous behavior.

Sue

Re: RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/29/2013 12:13 AM

...as I'm sure there are on ALL cruise ships, regardless of the line..

Re: RC Grandeur of the Seas has 2 hour fire onboard - 05/29/2013 10:27 PM

Mmm. Guess I forgot to hit the submit button.

The AP article in today's Philadelphia Inquirer had quotes from some of the passengers talking about the crew, the professionalism, the helpfulness, and most importantly that the training they receive really showed. All-in-all very positive comments.

I tried to post a link, but it didn't work.

Sue
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline