TravelTalkOnline

Explorer of the Seas

Posted By: Anonymous

Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 01:23 PM

Will it still stop in SXM tomorrow or stay out at sea because of the virus?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 01:27 PM

I assume you know that the virus is on most of the islands...all the way to Aruba

That would make for a boring cruise....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 01:47 PM

OMG I had no idea. We leave in 5 days.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 01:54 PM

The CDC checked out the ship in St Thomas on Saturday, so I assume they will dock.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 02:04 PM

The OP is talking about a possible norovirus on the Explorer.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 02:16 PM

Actually, often the cruise AFTER the ship has noro onboard is one of the safest, as they have to clean EVERYTHING.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 02:47 PM

Oops...I did not know about that event.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 04:31 PM

I was unlucky enough to be on a Celebrity cruise in which about 100 people got sick. And they did stop at every cruise port despite that. I know that Explorer has three times more people sick.
What a bummer.....Norovirus is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/26/2014 05:11 PM

This may be a virus; however, one cruise we were on over 100 people sick. I was but hubby wasn't and we shared the same bed etc. Ship said it was norvo but I think it was bad mussels. My own survey found most of us ill became so right after dinner and all had the mussels. This happened at every seating. I think cruise lines are quick to say Norvo so they can say passengers brought it aboard instead of we served you shellfish from warmed water. Which, by the way, I read later that lots of shellfish had been taken near Thiland in waters that were too warm.
Posted By: judymike

Re: Explorer of the Seas - 01/27/2014 01:18 PM

I just saw on ABC morning news that the ship will not be docking in St. Maarten, but returning to US.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline