TravelTalkOnline

Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast

Posted By: kenmoore

Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 06/20/2017 09:39 PM

My wife and I just returned from a holiday in Germany and Austria where we traced the steps of Martin Luther. This year is the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. We were thrilled with our trip, but agreed that we could use another 4-5 days at some naturist resort just to decompress.

Next year we will be taking a driving tour across southern France. There appears to be several naturist resorts around the Bordeaux area that are intriguing. Does anyone on this board have any experience with this area of France or can recommend a travel agent who is familiar with these naturist resorts. We prefer to stay away from the Cap d'Agda-type places which are too hedonistic for us aging radical 60's ex-hippies and would rather stay at family friendly resorts.

Thanks. I'll post a trip report on Germany & Austria shortly.
Posted By: ChuckG

Re: Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 06/21/2017 11:59 AM

This place is on my bucket list
http://www.naturist-camping-chm-montalivet.co.uk/
Hope to get over there some time!
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 06/21/2017 04:06 PM

I had never heard of this. 10 restaurants, 2 pools, nice beach - What more could one ask for?
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 06/22/2017 02:20 AM

...and in the best wine district.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 06/22/2017 08:43 PM

I'm looking forward to a report on the Reformation tour--my wife were talking about doing the same thing.
Also, finding a great family-friendly naturist resort in France would be awesome.
Posted By: Sun4MnM

Re: Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 07/02/2017 02:30 AM

Highly recommend La Jenny. Wife and I stayed there in 2011 and loved it. Very family oriented with nice accommodations, large pool area, grocery store, restaurant, expansive beach, beautiful grounds set in rolling hills among a pine forest including a golf course and driving range! We definitely want to return. Check out their web page: La Jenny
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 07/02/2017 05:22 PM

We were in Bordeaux, France yesterday. The high temperature was 62 degrees. Atlantic waters are quite chilly, even in the summer. Just something to consider smile
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 07/02/2017 05:56 PM

Yikes!!!
Posted By: rkitek

Re: Naturist Resorts on the French Atlantic Coast - 07/13/2017 04:34 PM

Naturist Living Show podcast about a visit to the CHM De Montalivet.

http://www.bareoaks.ca/podcast/Montalivet.mp3
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline