TravelTalkOnline

The Ledges Wilmington Vermont

Posted By: sxmmartini

The Ledges Wilmington Vermont - 08/08/2018 02:06 PM

The Ledges is a naturist venue on the Harriman Reservoir in Vermont. Planning a trip to Vermont has anyone been to The Ledges? thanks
Posted By: kenmoore

Re: The Ledges Wilmington Vermont - 08/08/2018 08:49 PM

My wife and I have been there several times - but not in the last 5 years. The Ledges is on the Harriman Reservoir. The water level varies depending upon the time of year. It is about a 10-15 minute well-marked hike from the parking lot to the Ledges. It is mostly rocks so we always take a couple of low-boy lawn chairs. The people who visit are very friendly, but generically keep to themselves or their friends. The northern part is typically gay but everyone is welcome without any prejudice. There are no hassles about nudity. After your visit to the Ledges, the town of Wilmington is a fun place to wander around (with clothes) and a few good restaurants & antique stores. It's about 10 miles from Mt Snow which is a major ski resort in Vermont. If you are in the area, the Ledges is definitely worth a visit.
Posted By: BruceS

Re: The Ledges Wilmington Vermont - 08/09/2018 02:41 PM

If you are looking for a place to stay in the area of the Ledges, I would recommend you try Abbott's Glenn. I stayed there about 10 years ago, and looking at their web site, it has only gotten better. Amy and Lindy Abbott are great hosts. The accommodations were great. Clothing optional throughout the resort.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: The Ledges Wilmington Vermont - 08/12/2018 09:58 PM

Thank you for your replies... We are in Vermont but it is a rainy cloudy weekend. Hoping for better weather next weekend.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: The Ledges Wilmington Vermont - 08/13/2018 08:45 PM

Hey at least it's not snowing!
Posted By: Eabnaturist

Re: The Ledges Wilmington Vermont - 08/27/2018 01:12 AM

It was my favorite place to go as an undergraduate at UMass Amherst. Small beach, tons of fun ledges. Social crowd, not much drama with the proximity of textiles...

HOWEVER... I haven't been there since 1998.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline