TravelTalkOnline

Grand Lido Negril

Posted By: Bnk

Grand Lido Negril - 10/27/2020 12:51 AM

Just a quick note. To advise people who are thinking of booking.

Grand Lido is closed. They accept your reservation and the when you arrive after the hour and a half taxi ride the manager tells you the rooms are closed and they put you in the textile resort next door. The Royalton. The Grand Lido pool and bar are open for nude use but you must wear clothes to walk between.

The Royalton resort, where we had to stay, was old and tired with multitude of issues with the room. The staff was not responsive to our issues.

Just a disappointing time.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Grand Lido Negril - 10/27/2020 01:26 PM

Wow!! So sorry to hear that. That is really deceptive! I would file a complaint with my credit card company.
Posted By: John

Re: Grand Lido Negril - 10/27/2020 04:32 PM

Sorry to hear that you were a victim of a version of “bait and switch”. Fine if it is an upgrade...which has happened to us a couple of times...but a real bummer if it is a downgrade to a tired, old place with indifferent staff. Too bad they didn’t send you to Hedonism, they look after their guests.
John

Re: Grand Lido Negril - 10/27/2020 04:35 PM

John--And a place that is not nude friendly. I would try to contest the credit card charge..
Posted By: John

Re: Grand Lido Negril - 10/27/2020 05:46 PM

Hi Carol, I think it would depend on how the trip was booked. If booked through the hotel itself I would go after them. If through a travel agent I would have them fight it out with the hotel.

Re: Grand Lido Negril - 10/27/2020 05:52 PM

John--that's true, although most people don't use a travel agent these days..
Posted By: CaptainJim

Re: Grand Lido Negril - 11/06/2020 11:36 PM

That's weird that you consider it old and tired . The Royalton is only 2 years old I think ?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline