TravelTalkOnline

Marrero's in Key West

Posted By: Gordon1957

Marrero's in Key West - 02/23/2014 04:05 PM

We just got back from a little Key West winter escape. The weather was beyond good. Sunny low- mid 80's whole time.
We checked in online, and picked the only available room(21). If you stay here in high season, book well ahead, it's a popular place. Steve, who is the manager, and runs it is hard to get a hold of on phone.... It's best to use email. When I saw the front desk, I realized its just a desk in the corner, and he's rarely there. Overall, we loved the place, but would not pick room 21, since its so tiny. It's a nice well maintained elegantly furnished and decorated mansion. The front porch is wonderful, and people spend a lot of time on it visiting and enjoying it. The part we enjoyed most was the clothing optional pool. There were many couples there who partook and enjoyed. We met many wonderful, friendly people. I'd highly recommend it. It's so well located... You can walk almost anywhere. We will be there again.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/23/2014 09:38 PM

Gordon1957 said:
.... The part we enjoyed most was the clothing optional pool. There were many couples there who partook and enjoyed...

OK, the pool was CO, so people could swim nude. How about the sundeck and sun lounges? Could those be used CO as well? Were they? How about walking nude from adjacent ground floor rooms to and from the pool area?

~Reggie~

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/23/2014 11:06 PM

There is only 1 unit that you can walk from room to pool nude in. Once you're at the pool, the entire area is C O. The lounges, and deck area. There is also an honor bar..., a fridge with beer etc you an take and just sign a paper for. The area around the pool is very nice.
Posted By: DenitaLC

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/23/2014 11:47 PM

We stayed there last July for two nights and enjoyed our stay. July is HOT of course, so be warned. The c/o pool was my favorite area as well. smile

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/24/2014 05:18 PM

Which numbered room can you go from room to pool nude?
Posted By: rockhill

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/24/2014 06:50 PM

Anonymous said:
Which numbered room can you go from room to pool nude?

Posted By: DnCnVA

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/24/2014 08:24 PM

If you want to stay in the room next to the pool, you'll need to book early - when we stayed at Marrero's in Nov 2010 and asked what the wait time was, Steve said it was a year. Also, one of the rooms is "haunted" (I think 18 or 19), and Marrero's is one of the stops on a guided-tour of ghostly haunts in Key West !

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/24/2014 08:30 PM

The picture of the pool on Marerro's web site is taken in front of room #12 (Cabana) looking across the pool at room #14 Pool Side/Main House that has two windows facing the pool. Both offer clothing optional access to and from the pool. The hot tub off to the right just out of view.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/24/2014 09:07 PM

I notice that the website says to inquire about parking availability. What is the story with that?

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/24/2014 09:50 PM

Last summer it was $15 a day in a large private lot behind the building. I think he leases 4 or 5 spaces in this lot. It is possible to find free on-street parking, but not real close to the B & B.

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/25/2014 12:11 AM

OK, thanks. Sounds like it might be a problem, as we would definitely drive there and have to have someplace to put the car.

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/25/2014 01:12 AM

Carol, he great thing is , once you park, it is centrally located, at its a short walk to pretty much everything there.

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/25/2014 02:29 AM

Agreed, it's great to be able to walk to places, but the idea of driving there and not having a guaranteed place to park would make me very nervous. Folks who are flying in and not renting a car at all is a different situation.
Posted By: DenitaLC

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/25/2014 02:45 AM

We paid for a parking spot, it worked fine. I'm sure you could arrange to have a spot with your room booking. I think there were at least ten spots available.

We stayed in the haunted room and though I pleaded with her ghost to make herself known, no luck, lol. The property is lovely and historic and close to everything.

The only downer I've heard about room 12 (the pool side cabana) is that Margaritaville tends to dump their garbage in the alley garbage can in the wee hours of the morning and it can be noisy.
Posted By: DnCnVA

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/25/2014 04:07 AM

One option you might consider: we fly into Miami, drive a rental to KW and turn it in there. When we leave, we drive a new rental to Miami for our flight home. We've never had a need for a car while in KW, but your results may differ.

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/25/2014 01:19 PM

Since Miami is only 3 hours by car from here, if we went, we'd probably just drive the whole way.

Re: Marrero's in Key West - 02/25/2014 02:16 PM

I've always thought Flagler had the right idea with the train. They need to rebuild the brides - what a stimulus project - train to somewhere.

If you drive from the Midwest to Central Florida, adding Miami is a lot ------- but adding Key West is a quantum leap on top. And therefore it is a rare add especially given the lack of sandy beaches.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline