TravelTalkOnline

CGB alternative with ground swell

Posted By: Showdavid

CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 01:44 AM

We'll be down from Jan 23- Feb 1.
My plan is to deviate from the norm (duh) and do the clockwise rotation. This is how I first did it and seem to keep going back to it. We are leaving from Brent's at Captains Compass and heading around West End to Great Harbor JVD for the night. Next morning some easy swimming and heading over to CGB for the evening and overnight. Question is, if ground swell makes it untenable, what are the other options that are available near by? Could head back to Trellis but we're booked at Scrub the next evening and would like some other scenery.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 01:48 AM

Diamond Cay should be protected.

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 02:02 AM

Thought that, or scrub the route and head to Norman or Cooper first.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 07:34 AM

I second Diamond Cay (a stay at which would include a visit ashore to the B-Line bar).
Posted By: warren460

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 11:25 AM

The visit is by necessity
Posted By: irishmist

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 02:19 PM

Little Habor is another alternative. We will be doing the same route on 1/18 and will probably try to do Diamond also.
Posted By: hallucination

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 05:41 PM

Lots of options...st John, Gauna, diamond, little, many and more options if anchor.

EDIT :White Bay JVD and CGB are the only ones that get hairy.

Also, going through the cut to marina cay can be "exciting" in a large swell.
my way of saying, consider going the long route around the island in over 2m swells from the north.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 05:58 PM

FYI..right now there is no swell..clear blue skies and a full sandy ( summertime) beach in Apple Bay!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 06:15 PM

Little harbor on Yost is well protected in a N swell. The only place really affected on Yost is White Bay. The nice thing if there is such a thing is the N swell is very accurately forecast. Take a look 2 days out and make new plans if it's in the forecast. I would go counterclockwise if it's in the forecast for the first two days of your trip.
G

Re: CGB alternative with ground swell - 01/02/2015 06:21 PM

Thanks for a the great ideas. My mind is now at ease!
3 weeks and counting the hours!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline