TravelTalkOnline

The Wedding Bar

Posted By: tradewinds

The Wedding Bar - 01/21/2015 11:02 PM

Looks like the old Wedding Bar in Cane Garden Bay has re-opened with "normal" hours.
Posted By: Gator259

Re: The Wedding Bar - 01/21/2015 11:03 PM

Nice. Same owner?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: The Wedding Bar - 01/22/2015 12:47 AM

Callwood relatives..Pooey has passed on..
Posted By: lindakay

Re: The Wedding Bar - 01/22/2015 01:56 AM

I like the other spelling - Pouie! Sounds so much nicer!!! I think he would have preferred it too, Malcolm!! Glad to hear the place is up and running again. I have a conch shell in my patio room that Pouie brought back for me from one of his fishing trips. Damn, now I have DIF!!!
Posted By: LianeLeTendre

Re: The Wedding Bar - 01/22/2015 08:55 PM

Yep, two of Pouie Callwood's sons took over and are running it now. The older of the two boys (Ellis) is the one who looks most like his father. He's a DJ and always has music on. They are nice boys and I think they are going to try hard to reestablish what their dad built.

I wish them all the best. They are off to a good start.

I just noticed today when I passed by that they've painted the whole place in the last couple of weeks and have a new sign out front. I'll have to get some new pictures … again.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: The Wedding Bar - 01/22/2015 09:04 PM

We had a great afternoon there in April, 2012 (I think). The years all run together. They gave a sample of some fried bread fruit. One of the guys loved it so much, he asked if he could get an order to go. One of the guys went in the back and cooked up a huge batch for him. He wouldn't take any money either. He still talks about how good that was!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline