TravelTalkOnline

trellis bay surfbvi

Posted By: surfkayaker

trellis bay surfbvi - 01/24/2015 03:36 AM

any local knowledge of trellis bay cyber café and watersport rentals still in business. have not had any luck contacting Jeremy wright. I have not been around in a couple years . hope all is well.
Posted By: warren460

Re: trellis bay surfbvi - 01/24/2015 03:48 AM

Unfortunately Jeremy passed away a few months ago. The cyber cafe is presently closed and as rumor has it, may open under new mgmt.
Posted By: LianeLeTendre

Re: trellis bay surfbvi - 01/24/2015 04:39 PM

I was there two weeks ago and asked at Aragorn's what was happening. Jeremy's brother left and went back to England. He had initially told me they were going to reopen. Nobody knew at that time what was going to happen. It's still closed as far as I know.

My guess is that the government may not want it to reopen in consideration of their ongoing desire to develop Beef Island. Getting a trade licence for any business there may prove problematic. That's just my thoughts. I could very well be off the mark.
Posted By: surfkayaker

Re: trellis bay surfbvi - 01/27/2015 01:58 AM

WOW SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT JEREMY....THANKS FOR THE INFO. JEREMY HAD BROUGHT IN A SPECIALTY SURFING KAYAK ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO OR SO FOR ME AND I HAD LEFT MY OWN PADDLE THERE FOR USE WHEN EVER I CAME DOWN. HE ALWAYS WAS A COOL DUDE.. GOD BLESS
Posted By: casailor53

Re: trellis bay surfbvi - 01/27/2015 02:53 PM

LianeLeTendre said:
My guess is that the government may not want it to reopen in consideration of their ongoing desire to develop Beef Island. Getting a trade licence for any business there may prove problematic. That's just my thoughts. I could very well be off the mark.

I might be wrong, but I believe that the Trellis Bay Cyber Café trade licence had both Jeremy's and Aragorn's names on it.
Posted By: warren460

Re: trellis bay surfbvi - 01/28/2015 01:26 AM

That is what I heard from Aaragon
Posted By: casailor53

Re: trellis bay surfbvi - 01/29/2015 04:29 PM

Also noticed yesterday that Aragorn is pushing Trellis Bay full moon party for next week.
Posted By: GBCarib

Re: trellis bay surfbvi - 01/30/2015 02:51 AM

On a somewhat related topic, what is the status of the airport expansion??
Posted By: LianeLeTendre

Re: trellis bay surfbvi - 01/30/2015 03:00 PM

I hope that's true and that Aragorn has an interest in reopening the restaurant. That would be wonderful! Seems so strange to go there and see the place closed. Was there on Wednesday and it just looks sad.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline