TravelTalkOnline

Best unlocked phone?

Posted By: JD_Midnight

Best unlocked phone? - 01/24/2015 04:22 AM

What is the best unlocked phone to bring ( pick up card at Lime?)?
Posted By: snowdog

Re: Best unlocked phone? - 01/24/2015 05:55 AM

"Best" can mean many different things to different people: price, features, etc. One person might think the cheapest phone is best and another might think an IPhone 6 is best.
Posted By: JD_Midnight

Re: Best unlocked phone? - 01/24/2015 07:32 AM

Not too expensive; good for phone and data like weather. Reliable but only used for a few weeks or at most 2 months per year.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Best unlocked phone? - 01/24/2015 12:16 PM

I got an old iPhone for communication and text messages. A tablet let you browse the net and get navionics.
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Best unlocked phone? - 01/24/2015 02:33 PM

I got an unlocked Lumia 520. Cheap and decent phone.
Posted By: Annoddddd

Re: Best unlocked phone? - 01/25/2015 03:52 AM

For the past 2 weeks we used a smart phone for data and voice with lime.

Spent $50 in a week on data and once we get home we will try and understand what we did wrong. Checking the weather shouldn't cost that much!

Our final decision is to just use a cheap phone for voice and use our Verizon iPad when on shore to check the weather via wifi. Wind guru does a great job and is pretty reliable so we just take screenshots for reference when we have no access to the Internet.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Best unlocked phone? - 01/25/2015 02:37 PM

We have an old iphone 4 running IOS 6 that I unlocked with ATT that we use for BVI voice and text (no data) with LIME prepaid. I bought the sim card from mrsimcard.com. We use about $6 per week and just topup as needed.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: stormster

Re: Best unlocked phone? - 01/25/2015 10:08 PM

Check and see if you can get your phone unlocked. Tmobile will give you the unlock code for your phone if you and the phone meet their requirements:
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline