TravelTalkOnline

Cost of provisioning

Posted By: Jccarr

Cost of provisioning - 01/25/2015 05:58 PM

Looking at the Rightway provisioning site, does anybody know the cost of using the provisioning vs just going to the store and shopping?
Posted By: Annoddddd

Re: Cost of provisioning - 01/25/2015 06:57 PM

While I don't have the specific answer to your question I'll share what I do know.

When we provisioned for a few years with Bobby's there was no additional fee to anything for dockside delivery. While that was convenient we have learned we wasted a lot.

We now go to a store when we arrive and self provision for 3-4 days by buying what looks good when we are in the store. There are plenty of places around to grab a bit more bread (avoid rapid spoilage by keeping it in the fridge) beer, rum, other food and fresh pastries.

The first two charters we spent $600 (4 people) and $800 (6 people) on food. We just returned from a trip and spent about $300 (4 people) with very little waste. We traditionally will have dinner on shore.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Cost of provisioning - 01/25/2015 09:21 PM

There is no fee to have Bobby's fill and deliver your order as long as the minimum is met. A couple years ago, they also provided a provision discount, which is cheaper than going to the store.

Agree with Annod to be careful over ordering.
Posted By: stormster

Re: Cost of provisioning - 01/25/2015 10:03 PM

If you go to Virgin Gorda, you can restock on anything you forgot. (Leverick has a small well-provisioned store and there are several stores if you rent a car.) Just knowing you can buy something there if you forget it, helps you not buy too much.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline