TravelTalkOnline

Where to rent a powerboat?

Posted By: SAIL_BVI

Where to rent a powerboat? - 01/30/2015 12:19 AM

I am considering renting a powerboat for the day to head over to Jost Van Dyke from Tortola. Any recommendations or experiences?
Posted By: joeandholls

Re: Where to rent a powerboat? - 01/30/2015 01:05 AM

Had a good experience with Island Time in Nanny Cay.....bear in mind they watch for prop damage like hawks
Posted By: Frank

Re: Where to rent a powerboat? - 01/30/2015 01:35 AM

Check out the power boat outfits toward the bottom of this BVI daysailing page .
Posted By: fabbr1

Re: Where to rent a powerboat? - 01/30/2015 01:36 AM

I used Island Time for a 25' Contender for 4 day rental. The boat was clean, service was fine. They give you some good charts with harbor entrances so you are confident of how to enter. Only downside was the contender had no front seat/casting platform. Also Used King, he is great as well and has nice boats. Both are good options. I rented from King for this February.
Posted By: Joshua

Re: Where to rent a powerboat? - 01/30/2015 02:40 AM

I've rented from Katrin at Island Time several times and have always had great service. I'm renting a 17' RIB again this year as a "Mega Dinghy" (can't afford a mega yacht...). It tows fairly well behind the Cat, we're not winning any races but don't go far enough for it to matter!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Where to rent a powerboat? - 01/30/2015 02:13 PM

http://www.islandtimeltd.com/index.php?pageid=1&mf=1
Posted By: Murdock

Re: Where to rent a powerboat? - 01/30/2015 02:59 PM

You may try this guy below...we have 'upgraded' the boat dinghy twice now from Island Time, (their 15' and the 17'), but decided to go with Simon this year and his 21' 115 hp Ribtec because he is dropping off and picking up...and price is almost the same as Island Time.

Website is bviadventuretours.com or Snorkelbvi.com, and he's very responsive to emails and phone calls. I believe he operates off the same dock/marina as TMM in Roadtown.

Simon Wood
284-496-7935
simonsailme_@hotmail.com
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline