TravelTalkOnline

day sail for 2?

Posted By: ByTheSea10

day sail for 2? - 02/22/2015 04:40 PM

We would like to go on a day sail for 4-6 hours, no set destination. Not into party "booze cruises." Is there a charter outfit that does stuff like this? We'll be staying in a cottage on the north side of Tortola, end of April/early May. There are just the 2 of us, early 50s. Any suggestions are greatly appeciated! Tia!
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: day sail for 2? - 02/22/2015 04:55 PM

I've always been intrigued by Bobs day sails out of Leverick Bay Virgin Gorda on his beautiful boat Bavura.

[Linked Image]

http://www.sailbravura.com/index.php

You could take the North Sound express ferry from Trellis to Leverick ....would be a great adventure.

http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_vg_nsx.htm
Posted By: Manpot

Re: day sail for 2? - 02/22/2015 06:03 PM

We like "Kuralu" out of Soper's..you'll be in a group with others but..best daysail food! Also..talk to Joe at Patouche and see what he can do for you..
Posted By: CGB

Re: day sail for 2? - 02/22/2015 06:15 PM

I'll vouch for Gary of Kuralu
All visiting friends go on his boat - and only good words come back
(I have not tried others-so, no opinion)

Kim's suggestion of Bravura looks really neat that's a cool looking ship
It would be a totally different experience from a catamaran...
- something to think about
Posted By: ByTheSea10

Re: day sail for 2? - 02/23/2015 12:53 AM

All sound like great options - thanks! We like the idea of having the boat to ourselves. We want to take the ferry to VG for the Baths 1 day, & from what I've read, it looks like the Bravura could pick us up at the marina in Spanish Town for a half-day sail, & drop us @ whichever ferry dock in Tortola that we left the car at at the end of the sail. Those of you who know the lay of the land, let me know if this plan sounds like it would work, logistic-wise. Thanks!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: day sail for 2? - 02/23/2015 01:15 AM

I vote for Bravura as well.....
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: day sail for 2? - 02/23/2015 01:22 AM

Bob is a great guy and a great Captain. The Hans Christian is a really cool designed boat.
Posted By: hallucination

Re: day sail for 2? - 02/23/2015 01:49 AM

I would opt for the chance of sailing on a Hans Christian. A very fine boat. Bob (easy to remember since I'm Robert) spends a fair bit of dock time perfecting his yacht. It's warm and cozy feeling.
Posted By: beerMe

Re: day sail for 2? - 02/23/2015 03:15 AM

Like Willie Dixon's song - built for comfort not for speed - sounds perfect for a day sail! Yeah, if they will take you back to Tortola, and that's where you want to go, it sounds perfect.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline