TravelTalkOnline

Last Minute Questions

Posted By: jpur

Last Minute Questions - 04/12/2015 02:00 PM

Heading down for a Family Sailing Trip on May 1st.
We have been monitoring the forums for months and have received tremendous information and opinions on just about everything we need to know, but have a few questions we hope someone can answer.
We will be flying into STT on different flights, the first couple arriving around Noon and the last around 3:25.

Is there still an issue using credit cards at the ferry terminal?
Should the first couple head over to Tortola or is there a place to store their baggage and tour CA until the rest arrive?
We are on 2 Lagoon Cats - 45 and 52. We are looking at staying at Leverick Bay at the dock on Thursday and have dinner ashore. How soon do we need to make reservations for the dock and Restaurant. We will have a group of 14 and concerned that things change once we arrive.
Thanks for all the information.
Posted By: mdoyle9999

Re: Last Minute Questions - 04/12/2015 02:09 PM

Credit Cards are fine.
You can store your bags at the ferry terminal.
I would make your reservations for slips now. We arrive the following week and have already made our reservation.
Have fun!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Last Minute Questions - 04/12/2015 03:55 PM

I would check my bags for the ferry you will all take and then head past the seaplane terminal and into Frenchtown..lots of great watering holes and interesting things to see..IMHO much nice than heading the other direction into cruiseshipville..we will be dining at " Oceana" tomorrow night on our way back to Sonoma, Ca...
Posted By: Ontheboat

Re: Last Minute Questions - 04/12/2015 06:10 PM

Glad to hear the CC situation is better now. We are taking the ferry route soon also. Any ferry schedule problems other than the "normal"?
Posted By: warren460

Re: Last Minute Questions - 04/12/2015 08:04 PM

Is normal not enough?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Last Minute Questions - 04/12/2015 08:23 PM

They seem to have been running pretty regularly..we head to STT tomorrow and will take the 10.15 to St John and on to Red Hook because we are in no rush and like the fish restaurant by the dock there. I have seen both Native Son and Smith's boat come and go out of Soper's pretty frequently..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline