TravelTalkOnline

Which flight to use

Posted By: leeguice

Which flight to use - 04/17/2015 03:41 PM

One of our group needs to depart early and will need to get to STT on a Sunday. I would appreciate suggestions regarding ferry schedules (which one and from where,etc) and her making a STT flight that departs 1:25PM or 3:39PM.
THANKS
Posted By: Tpchandler9

Re: Which flight to use - 04/17/2015 06:01 PM

View this response through two lenses:

1) I am obsessively prepared for trips to the islands
2) I have never missed a flight going or coming.

With that in mind, I would advise trying for the earliest possible ferry from whatever location offers the largest number of options in case there are delays or cancellations. Nothing wrong with getting to St. Thomas early on Sunday and relaxing with a nice breakfast at Hook Line and Sinker or another spot and getting to the airport in plenty of time for the Sunday rush. Beats the heck outta sitting on the ferry dock, praying for a ferry to come along, and hoping that you'll make your flight.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Which flight to use - 04/17/2015 06:13 PM

100% agree..earliest ferry and relax..
Posted By: RickG

Re: Which flight to use - 04/17/2015 07:07 PM

Earliest ferry, latest flight. If you're early you can leave your baggage at the Charlotte Amalie taxi stand and have breakfast or lunch.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Which flight to use - 04/17/2015 09:36 PM

Especially on Sunday! STT checkin can be a mad house on sunday afternoons.
Posted By: Will_L

Re: Which flight to use - 04/17/2015 10:06 PM

If I had anything before 2pm and was a day that Speedys wasn't running from Virgin Gorda (we always end up on VG) ..can trust it....6am tues Thursday and 8 on sat I think. Maybe 6:30. At any rate if I had anything before two and not on Speedys, I would feel much better spending night in STT, not a bad thing at all. Usually do the windward passage..others want more beach time at one of the beach hotels near airport. They seemed to have raised their prices last few years. It after 2:30 I have no trouble taking smiths or rtff from roadtown at 9:30 or 10 respectfully. I think they are fairly dependable now..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline