TravelTalkOnline

Norman Island

Posted By: Reina

Norman Island - 06/16/2015 01:59 PM

Hi guys!
I just came back from the BVI's and had a GREAT trip! We visited so many places. I want to write about the trip on my Blog Reina's Raves and thought I would start with Norman Island --- Pirates Bight (the original Billy Bones), the Caves and of course, Willy T's.

What are your favorite things about Norman?
Posted By: JlarsBVI

Re: Norman Island - 06/16/2015 06:22 PM

I actually really love the snorkeling at Norman. We walk to the end of the beach and snorkel around the rocks between The beach and Willy T's. Two trips ago it was my favorite snorkeling spot of the trip. Saw a ray, lots of fish, and great underwater life. This last trip (January 14) the water was a little murky and one of our snorkeling pals got stung by a jelly fish. It was sad he got stung, but I wish I had my underwater camera with me because as we were swimming back we saw a couple big jelly fish. They were quite spectacular looking but glad I kept my distance and got out of there before anyone else got stung.

Re: Norman Island - 06/16/2015 06:26 PM

We brought an underwater GoPro with us this time around and the snorkeling videos came out amazing. Very clear and easy to upload on the computer
Posted By: trueblue

Re: Norman Island - 06/17/2015 12:53 PM

After 20 years of sailing in the BVI my favorite thing about Norman, besides the snorkeling, is watching first timers come in. Despite the fact that they often have trouble with that very first approach to the ball, their enthusiasm, joy and good spirits are wonderful to watch. Knowing that they are just beginning their love affair with the BVI is a wonderful thing to witness.
Posted By: Warlock

Re: Norman Island - 06/17/2015 05:16 PM

I tell people I'm related...but yes great snorkeling and great first night...

Re: Norman Island - 06/17/2015 05:40 PM

You know what else I really enjoyed was the Hike to the top. The view is breathtaking!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Norman Island - 06/17/2015 06:26 PM

That hike is on my "to do" list for next June...
Posted By: capndar

Re: Norman Island - 06/17/2015 06:32 PM

where do you access the trail?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Norman Island - 06/17/2015 06:34 PM

capndar said:
where do you access the trail?

It's right behind Pirates Bight.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Norman Island - 06/17/2015 06:35 PM

**adds hike to the top of Norman to her must do list**
Posted By: mville

Re: Norman Island - 07/03/2015 09:40 PM

Privateer Bay. Snorkel/dive Carvel Rock, was the best dive we did 24 June-01 July. Large rays, huge fish, schools of any size/color smaller fish, the crew was hyped about that stop. Granted it was rough on the south (open to sea) side, but the bay side was great. There is a shallow reef dive/snorkel that can be done from the boat while tied to a mooring ball on west end of bay. Oh...and the Caves are there too.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline