TravelTalkOnline

IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP

Posted By: NoelHall

IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 03:28 PM

I got word to Curt Richardson (thru Voyage Charters) and he responded directly to me by email. He did not give me permission to repost his email, so I will summarize that he is extremely upset. He states he was NOT in BVI at the time and his boat was in for repairs and sea trials. No one was authorized to use the boat for their own purposes. He is asking for any "snippets" (date, time, how many on board, driver, etc.) he can use for identification, and I will forward to him. Apparently neither Mr. Richardson, nor Voyage Charters, would ever condone this type of activity.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 03:36 PM

Very good to hear..hope he can ID the idiot and get him fired.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 04:57 PM

We're at the airport on St. Thomas, headed home from a week of sailing, and am just now seeing this. Black Mamba was sitting at the Voyage shipyard when we left. I've personally met Curt, have sailed both of his Otter Cats, and have exchanged emails with him. I can tell you he would not condone or sit lightly with somebody doing something like that with one of his boats.
Posted By: rita_irvine

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 04:57 PM

Glad he is taking steps. Whom ever took it could be facing theft charges among others. Hope they nail him
Posted By: Teammac

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 05:58 PM

This happened over a week ago. I am sure the naughty nymph owner put in a claim with the black mamba people locally. If the owner does not know about it by now, obviously the local staff is hiding the incident. Since there were several people, I would guess 5, on board, more were involved than just the driver. MAMBAGATE!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: HtownHondo

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 06:13 PM

This is the only shot that I have, courtesy of a GoPro.

The below photo was taken on 6/19/2015 at 11:10AM and was easily 1-2 hours before the reports of high-speed motoring through the mooring field and the Willy-T "fly by". By then the GoPro had been turned off.

Black Mamba

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 07:19 PM

Curt reports the incident appears to be "sea trials" out of Nanny Cay. He is trying to pin-down who was on board, and will pay for any damages caused. He reminds me this incident has nothing to do with Voyage Charters (which we already knew anyway).
Posted By: Murdock

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 07:39 PM

To any/all who have assisted in getting word back to the owner I am very grateful.
Posted By: sail445

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/28/2015 09:25 PM

He was a good boy HA HA !!

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 06/29/2015 12:14 PM

The owner should probably come down hard and quickly in this case in order to clear his name from the incident. The trend these days seems to be to just let it die and people will forget. We will see.....

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 07/02/2015 06:08 PM

Any updates on the Black Mamba incident and what if anything has been done about it?

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 07/02/2015 11:09 PM

I'm thinking it will probably be handled privately, doubt if we will be privileged to the outcome.
Posted By: sail445

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 07/03/2015 12:42 AM

Not only the Mamba but there are quite a few other local Race type boats Ciggarette's Etc that enter the mooring fields at incredible speeds
Posted By: Murdock

Re: IMPORTANT - BLACK MAMBA HELP - 07/03/2015 12:47 AM

NoelHall I would like to thank you specifically for reaching out to the right folks....what I and others witnessed is/was reckless and could have had a much worse outcome.

TTOL and its members are a great tool/resource.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline