TravelTalkOnline

Biras Creek Resort Trails

Posted By: Elvisdog

Biras Creek Resort Trails - 08/30/2015 10:24 PM

With Biras Creek Resort closed, can the trails around it be accessed for hiking? I am looking for some trails to hike on during an upcoming trip. Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 08/30/2015 11:27 PM

Yes. We hiked from Bitter End to Biras and walked around a few weeks ago.
Posted By: SoggyDollarScott

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/01/2015 03:42 AM

Are the horses still there ?
Posted By: warren460

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/01/2015 10:22 AM

Some recently wrote that the horses are still there
Posted By: salica

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/01/2015 10:42 AM

warren460 said:
Some recently wrote that the horses are still there

And hopefully, we'll cared for......? Anyone who knows, please tell us.
Posted By: BEERMAN

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/01/2015 11:06 AM

We stopped to say hi to them a couple weeks ago, they are looking good and are well taken care of. We saw a caretaker with them as we got soaked from a passing squall, unfortunately my camera stayed in the dry bag.

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/01/2015 11:11 AM

BEERMAN said:
We stopped to say hi to them a couple weeks ago, they are looking good and are well taken care of. We saw a caretaker with them as we got soaked from a passing squall, unfortunately my camera stayed in the dry bag.

Good to hear. Thanks.
Posted By: rita_irvine

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/01/2015 01:10 PM

As we were leaving Virgin Gorda on Tuesday Aug 18 the Biras horses were being loaded by horse trailer onto a boat. A very nice young woman was taking them to Tortola and they were going to part of a riding academy there. They will get some exercise and attention. She was very glad for the placement of them and seemed to feel they would be well taken care of.

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/01/2015 03:33 PM

Very interesting Rita. I wonder if horseback riding may ever be possible on Tortola again. I've had some fascinating rides on various islands world wide. It is a great way to see the countryside and learn about the 'real' Island. Would love to ride on Tortola.
Posted By: Pvgreg

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/02/2015 12:24 AM

We can only blame the oil nut bay for these problems (and others). Read the bvi beacon article. New money is always chasing new money.
Posted By: rita_irvine

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/02/2015 04:10 AM

Did you ever ride the horses that Little Dix use to have? Rangy little fireballs!! Skin was the man that took care of them. We would ride to Savannah Bay. The horses would just streak through the surf. What a fun ride that was!! Then a leisurely stroll home. Loved those horses.
Posted By: Alisonknights

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/02/2015 05:25 PM

Hi all you will be delighted to know that horseback riding for everyone is available at Countryside Adventures based at Diamond Estate Farm and Country Centre in the heart of Tortola!! And yes the Biras Creek Paso Fino's are here and settling down. Look at www.countrysideadventuresbvi.com for more details.

Re: Biras Creek Resort Trails - 09/02/2015 05:40 PM

Lovely. Hope to meet them there on our next trip.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline