TravelTalkOnline

Moorings sleep aboard rate

Posted By: rhans

Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/23/2015 11:12 PM

We have friends using the Moorings during Old Years Eve. They are getting ridicules cost figures for the sleep aboard (evening start) in my opinion.
My question to Moorings users is, What’s the normal rate for a sleep aboard?
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/24/2015 12:31 AM

It's 2/3 of the daily rental rate and the 5% captains reward discount does not apply.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/24/2015 01:50 AM

That's pretty standard at all companies. Never hurts however to try and negotiate.
G
Posted By: socamon

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/24/2015 10:56 AM

We use Moorings sleep-aboard for all our trips. The fee is $150. Cheaper than pretty much any hotel around there.

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/24/2015 11:23 AM

socamon said:
We use Moorings sleep-aboard for all our trips. The fee is $150. Cheaper than pretty much any hotel around there.

I am not familiar with the $150 fee you reference. The cost of the Evening Start is 2/3 the daily rate.
Posted By: Subaqua

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/24/2015 01:14 PM

[i][/i]

I am not familiar with the $150 fee you reference. The cost of the Evening Start is 2/3 the daily rate.

That's the owner's rate.. Being an owner does have it's advantages.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/24/2015 01:17 PM

GeorgeC1 said:
That's pretty standard at all companies. Never hurts however to try and negotiate.
G

I have used Conch Charters many times, I have always had a free sleepaboard.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/24/2015 01:49 PM

We've never paid for a sleep aboard.
Posted By: WayneC

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/24/2015 03:57 PM

My last trip with the Moorings I negotiated a free sleep aboard when I booked the charter. Maybe I was just lucky
Posted By: gracet03

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/25/2015 02:25 AM

In any case does the charter company have to report a lodging of a guest for tax purposes ? If there is a government tax/fee that normally is passed on to the guest ?

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/25/2015 11:56 AM

The Moorings also charges for an extra day of insurance if you do the Evening Start.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/25/2015 08:44 PM

How about an additional day of park permits
Posted By: stoneyusaf

Re: Moorings sleep aboard rate - 09/25/2015 09:10 PM

WayneC said:
My last trip with the Moorings I negotiated a free sleep aboard when I booked the charter. Maybe I was just lucky
I looked at some past contracts with Moorings and this is just a guess and could be way off but, I wonder if you received any other discounts and still got the sleep aboard free? My last invoice had the sleep aboard with Moorings and a couple of different discounts because of the Captain's card and another promotion and I paid around the 2/3 that is referenced above. I am wondering if they quote some folks and if they try to "negotiate" a deal they offer the discount or in your case you wanted a sleep aboard and they threw that in there. Because, ironically, my discounts add up to very close to what the sleep aboard was. Found that interesting!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline